MS 661c Factory Dual Port Muffler??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlNick

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Picked up a 661 yesterday and it has a factory dual port muffler on it. Each port is coming out of its own side of the muffler and each has its own deflector. I am thinking the other 661 I have run was not a dual port and I'm not sure I have heard of a 661 dual port?? Please school me, thanks!!

Hard to get good pics when it's dark definitely looks like the clutch cover side port has been opened up a bit as well. Bought it from an older timber Faller

Attachments

• IMG_20161230_000741.jpg
    IMG_20161230_000741.jpg
    815.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20161230_000804.jpg
    IMG_20161230_000804.jpg
    830.5 KB · Views: 138
Looking at the IPL it is does not look factory. Remove the front part and have a look, you will soon know if it is

Disambled and degreased, did alot of work to reduce the yellowing on the tank and plastics using Sander, degreaser, scothbrite, buffing pad, degreaser, buffing pad.
Sanded down the Dawgs to clean them up, wire wheeled the muffler housing and cover, ground the grove edges on the bar, sanded it down (Nice Sugihara bar) degreased plastics polished them.

I'm into the saw for about $550 I have it listed on CL for $900 with the 30" Sugihara bar..

Disambled and degreased, did alot of work to reduce the yellowing on the tank and plastics using Sander, degreaser, scothbrite, buffing pad, degreaser, buffing pad.
Sanded down the Dawgs to clean them up, wire wheeled the muffler housing and cover, ground the grove edges on the bar, sanded it down (Nice Sugihara bar) degreased plastics polished them.

I'm into the saw for about $550 I have it listed on CL for $900 with the 30" Sugihara bar..

good call and should sell at that. much better off getting rid of that piece of **** and getting a 660 lol.

Latest posts

Back