ms180c....to fix or not to fix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The parts for the ms180 finally arrived direct from China. I put it all together and it ran, but acted like it was starved for fuel. I pulled the carb, and it looked really clean inside. no luck. Replaced the fuel line because it felt mushy. no luck. I replaced the vent on the fuel tank....no luck. I didn't have any instructions or repair manual.

I tore it all back apart and found that the rubber boot (manifold) that connects the carb to the cylinder was installed incorrectly.

There is a small hole in the cylinder, and a corresponding rubber "tube" connected to the manifold that
has to be shoved into this hole. ms180 manifold.jpg

cylinder arrow.jpg

I put it all back together and it runs awesome!

What sort of "break in" should one do after assembly?

Yes. They feel really bad and offered to buy me a new saw. I am not going to allow them to because they are old and on a fixed income and this sort of expenditure would be quite a hardship.

If I work a few hours of overtime it will pay for a new saw.
You're a good man.

I loan tools to friends often. I don't generally have problems or expect
They will fix things that break, with one exception:

The backhoe is old and I explain to friends before they borrow it that if a hydraulic hose breaks, or some other rather inexpensive part breaks or is damaged that they are responsible for fixing it. A new hydraulic hose is much cheaper than renting a new machine.
Good point about friendships.

Latest posts

Back