MS191t: The Most Powerful Stihl TopHandle EVER!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure thing you guys bag e-bay a lot. However e-bay has little to do with what people choose to sell and buy, it just provides the marketplace and some rules for the exchange.

Good model chainsaws in good conditions and cheap are a specialized find,not likely to be on e-bay. Too much demand not enough offers. Such is the domain of local flea markets. Not that flea market stall holders don't try to offload bad saw with smooth talk. However they don't rate a mention.

I find e-bay not only a superb place to shop and sell but also a unique medium a revolution of this times to be used as for what it is a marketplace for all young and old, for those trained in the art of writing and for those who have English as a second language or not at all. Remember e-bay does not offer spell check like this site.

I have bought thousands of dollars worth of tools, power-tools, musical instruments and also chainsaw on e-bay with success. My best find was a Bosh Jackhammer worth $2700 new for $50. Cost me $150 to get bck to working conditions. A Saxophone worth nothing for $150 with a mouthpiece worth $600. A palm nailer that retails here for 220 at $40 new, my Homelite1050 was bought on e-bay for $100. I am aware that it probably would not fetch $100 if sold at your local town Sunday market but I couldn't buy a saw that size in Australia for less than $500, so there you go, it is not all bad news guys, cheer up, e-bay has made the world a lot smaller that's for sure.
Of course if that is a good thing or not may be a matter for a separate philosophical discussion.

Just got a 191T from eBay and brought it home overseas.. one in a very good condition! Took some spray-paint while it was lying aside somewhere, but I didn't care. I could tell in the images it's barely used! So it's arrived, let it drink what it likes - and pop!! WHAT A TORQUE!!
Got the spray-paint removed patiently with medical-alcohol a friend got for me.

I'll keep you all posted if you wish..

IMO - it's a freaking 025/MS250 squeezed and wrapped with a top-handle!! I cannot see the link posted at the very beginning but I assure you - the face that you can put on a .325 reeeeeeally gets tickles in my fingers................ gonna get myself a 025 bar.. LOL

* Must say it's not the original bar. It came with a STIHL bar, and most of the paint was still on it! I know you can't tell if it was it's 1st bar, but from how the saw looks - definitely possible!

Jo.

Attachments

• DSC03079.jpg
    DSC03079.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 42
I like my 191, fine. But when I bring it to the dealer to repair it, he always give me grief. It must be a nightmare to take apart.

This thread has been a good source of info about an unpopular saw. This is why I needed to get a 200t as a backup. I have whatsnext to thank for that.
I took mine appart dozen time, until toi manage To disconect the intake manifold that run all along the saw grow your filter in the back to the intake port this is the only difficulty.

When a customer walks in with an 019 (don’t see many 191Ts) that needs work we tell them right off that bat that the labor cost is going to be high just to take it apart to check the piston and air/vac check the saw, before we do any actual repairs. What a nightmare that saw is to work on. I would love to sit down and chat with whatever “engineer” designed that saw.

Were'nt 191t's a California epa open port deal? 46cc's ought to have some torque and 1 lb. over 200t puts it in Poulan cva 25 territory weight wise.

Sure thing you guys bag e-bay a lot. However e-bay has little to do with what people choose to sell and buy, it just provides the marketplace and some rules for the exchange.

Good model chainsaws in good conditions and cheap are a specialized find,not likely to be on e-bay. Too much demand not enough offers. Such is the domain of local flea markets. Not that flea market stall holders don't try to offload bad saw with smooth talk. However they don't rate a mention.

I find e-bay not only a superb place to shop and sell but also a unique medium a revolution of this times to be used as for what it is a marketplace for all young and old, for those trained in the art of writing and for those who have English as a second language or not at all. Remember e-bay does not offer spell check like this site.

I have bought thousands of dollars worth of tools, power-tools, musical instruments and also chainsaw on e-bay with success. My best find was a Bosh Jackhammer worth $2700 new for $50. Cost me $150 to get bck to working conditions. A Saxophone worth nothing for $150 with a mouthpiece worth $600. A palm nailer that retails here for 220 at $40 new, my Homelite1050 was bought on e-bay for $100. I am aware that it probably would not fetch $100 if sold at your local town Sunday market but I couldn't buy a saw that size in Australia for less than $500, so there you go, it is not all bad news guys, cheer up, e-bay has made the world a lot smaller that's for sure.
Of course if that is a good thing or not may be a matter for a separate philosophical discussion.
you been blessed with good luck .what abought the man that sold a rare saw to a person in another continent and when this person took all the good and hard to find parts off and then disputed it was not represented as described got his money back.ebay is a buyer and seller nightmare.good luck on your good luck. p.s you prolly should play the lottery powerball.

So, anybody stop me if I misunderstood what I red here but... so the 191 is based on a 290 block with shorter stroke 191 is 46cc 290 is 56cc ... it gave me some funny idea... if crank and piston is compatible I will look if I can adapt casing to a 290 cylinder. a 3,8hp pruning saw would be fun.

I found this:

fc5941a3b8b5789eefd6d7513ee23c77.jpg

An eleven cc increase in the same package is to be admired. [emoji15]

I guess is why you can put longer bar on a 191t than on a 200t more torque 0.4 nm more is not negligible, and due to the intake system I am pretty sure the engine is a bit strangled imagine the carbon is not under the air filter but just up the gas tank ant to link filter to carb, you have a flat oval tube above 1 inch wide on less than a 1/2inch high running just under the top of the case . Do you imagine the loss of aire velocity and pressure when it arrive to carb. The proof the carb is same than a 180 if my memory is right but the engine is way bigger so... Next year I will try some mods printing in 3d a new handle to move the oil tank where the airfilter is, move down the gas tank where the oil tank is and put a straight tube than put a ms240 carb and a 50cc motorcycle air filter across the opening of ancient gas tank cover.... and a better breathing exhaust... I am pretty sure I will reach the 3hp. My only fear the crank is same as a 180 and so probably bearings too will they survive to the mods.

Latest posts

Back