MS200 problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coyote556

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have this 200 and for some reason I just cannot get it to run right. It is just slow to rev / lack of throttle response. It will spool up after holding the throttle wide open for a second or two, but the throttle is just not as responsive as it should be. I went through the carb, checked the fuel line, and the crankcase pulse line, as well as adjusted the carb, all with no success. Do any of you have any suggestions? thanks

Sounds like its starving for fuel. Before you go and condem the thing check to see where the "pop off pressure" is. You may just find that the spring is stomped down so far that it cant get a drink. I have found 19 psi to be the majic #. Trim screws may have to be leaned out a tad after the mod unless you uncork the muffler some . One note stihl sent out a flyer a couple years back saying it was no longer nessary to check the pop off pressure. One of the reasons was because of the risk of streaching the diaphram. BS I have rebuilt 4 carbs a have applyed as much as 28 psi on the 310 carb before it would blow off. If your concerned use the old diaphram when checking & install a new one once it set. Faster spool up because fuel is delivered quicker also eliminates nags after performing an extensive muffler mod . :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

You can find the article under "Pop Off Pressue Do You Know Where Yours Is At" using the search here. The link is there click on inventions page. :chainsaw:

Do you happen to know how I can figure out if I have one of the problem carbs?

the accel pump carbs have a hole over the throttle shaft, there's a spring and rod behind the throttle shaft, there's a tiny rubber o-ring in there too, if the pump's dodgy it'll leak air - sluggish response a symptom, if it's worn you can either plug the damn thing up and bypass it, or find another o-ring, or just find another carb

Latest posts

Back