MS200T for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buck futter

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a ms200t that I have torn down checked out and ran a tank through.

I removed the base gasket and compensated the .020 on the ports the top of the transfers were left alone. I also put a 1/4" hole in the muffler to open it up a little. It is still fairly quiet. I put a new starter cord on it. I have never run one before and all I can say is WOW! I can't believe how much power it has.

What I found wrong,
it is missing one screw on the starter I have a picture of.

The knuckle guard is cracked and needs to be replaced. The brake band is gone but all of the hardware looks to be there. also you will see the chain guard has some broken plastic by the muffler. It also needs a new chain it has a 14" bar on it that is in good working shape.
I will provide this disclaimer, I am not liable for any injury to the buyer due to the compromised chain brake system.

With that said, the bore and piston is in excellent shape and the rings show very little wear. This saw will run for a very long time and runs very strong.

Any questions please don't hesitate.

I would like to get $250 plus shipping from vermont.

Last edited:
more pics

I was really impressed in pic 009, a buried bar cut in cherry and she just hummed right through, I wish I had a nice chain for it because it was not producing nice chips but it may have been recutting the chips because she was piling some nice chips on smaller wood.

Buck

Well I apologize for the size of the photos, I was lucky to figure out how to put them here how do I resize them? picture 001 is a decent overall picture. I will see if I can figure out how to resize.

Thank you for your interest.

Buck

Not a problem. #'s 10,09 & 1 are a very good size so don't worry about it its early am here and i just needed to look at all the pics first to see several had a great view of the overall condition of the saw. The saw looks nice. Did you tear down the cylinder etc?

Doc

The saw was torn down and throroughly cleaned, I wanted to make sure I knew what I was selling. I just don't have a need for this saw, I am very impressed with the power for a 35cc saw if it was rear handle I would think of keeping it. I also threw a new plug in it but forgot to mention that.

buck

I guess no one is interested but

I am putting her on the bay tomorrow. If I don't hear anything

Buck

Would love to have have it, just don't need it and can't afford it right now:( Sorry :buttkick:
Andy

no problem

Not a prob at all guys, I am just surprised for as much talk as there is about these saws I figured someone would have made me an offer of some sorts. I am actually going to have it for a little longer I am going to show the ms200t and some of my modded saws to Retooc555. I guess it will be like a two person get together. I have been working on a project for him and I think it is ready. I just have to let the glue dry and I will give it a shot. I want to see how the saw does with the numbers I've put in but I may need to bring the exhaust up a little more to get the blowdown right, I just wanted to try to keep my compression stroke as long as possible. Also I think the transfers are opened up enough and I suspect the carb and the intake tract may be the bottleneck. Its funny how a stock saw seems so lazy to me now. :)

Latest posts

Back