MS200T Keeps Dying After 30 Seconds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcain

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My MS200T keeps dying after running for 30 seconds. I can pull it on choke once, open the choke and it will start the second pull every time. It then runs for another 30 seconds and dies again. I have done the following:

1. When I pulled the fuel line from the carburetor, it was full of fuel
2. I pressure checked the fuel line itself and it held pressure
3. I vacuum tested the vent to confirm it was venting
4. I did not pressure check the impulse line, but apparently it is actuating the pump diaphragm properly
5. I removed and disassembled the carburetor.
6. It is soaking and I have ordered diaphragms and gaskets for both the pump and metering sides
7. The two places on the pump diaphragm were significantly convex

Am I missing anything? Thank you in advance for your comments/help!

My MS200T keeps dying after running for 30 seconds. I can pull it on choke once, open the choke and it will start the second pull every time. It then runs for another 30 seconds and dies again. I have done the following:

1. When I pulled the fuel line from the carburetor, it was full of fuel
2. I pressure checked the fuel line itself and it held pressure
3. I vacuum tested the vent to confirm it was venting
4. I did not pressure check the impulse line, but apparently it is actuating the pump diaphragm properly
5. I removed and disassembled the carburetor.
6. It is soaking and I have ordered diaphragms and gaskets for both the pump and metering sides
7. The two places on the pump diaphragm were significantly convex

Am I missing anything? Thank you in advance for your comments/help!

I had a problem simular to this on my 018. Tried everything and was getting really stuck with it. For some reason, even though fuel was getting through, I took the fuel filter off from inside the tank, turns out thats what it was all along. I could suck through it but it obviously wasn't free enough. Very annoying!!:redface:

Have you checked the exhaust screen..for being clogged up with soot.?

Simple to clean..or remove to check..lot's of folks just remove them for more power.

Many carb problems on the 200T..just may need a new carb..!!
:cheers:
J2F

I just put a new carb on the 200T whenever they start acting up. 3 in the last month or so......

Hi ZeroJunk!

Thank you so much. This thread was very informative and I believe it will help me solve my carburetor problem.

Back