Ms200t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigNeck

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi there, I have a ms200T, i really don't know how to explain this perfect but i will give it a shot!! I bought it used, and it seemed to work fine, then all of a sudden it would BOG DOWN when u tried to give it throttle so i took it to 2 different shops and 1 tuned it up and brought it home and it did the same thing Bog Down, so i took it to another shop closer and the replaced the Carburetor, Fuel Lines,Fuel Filter, and brought it home cut for about an hour, then it started to Bog Down again, i can let it sit for a day or so and start it and it will Bog Down. u can tear it back down and clean it and it will fine for a while "Bog Down", im not sure what to do anymore the shop wants to replace the fuel tank and wants another 200.00 for that.. i have around 300.00 in the saw as of right now.. any suggestions???, i live in Central Virginia!!! thanks

screen?

hi there, I have a ms200T, i really don't know how to explain this perfect but i will give it a shot!! I bought it used, and it seemed to work fine, then all of a sudden it would BOG DOWN when u tried to give it throttle so i took it to 2 different shops and 1 tuned it up and brought it home and it did the same thing Bog Down, so i took it to another shop closer and the replaced the Carburetor, Fuel Lines,Fuel Filter, and brought it home cut for about an hour, then it started to Bog Down again, i can let it sit for a day or so and start it and it will Bog Down. u can tear it back down and clean it and it will fine for a while "Bog Down", im not sure what to do anymore the shop wants to replace the fuel tank and wants another 200.00 for that.. i have around 300.00 in the saw as of right now.. any suggestions???, i live in Central Virginia!!! thanks

did you look at the spark arrester screen is it clogged up???

It doesn't sound to me like either one of your "shops" are worth a damn.

But the 2nd one really gave you the "Royal Reaming"..!!

Replacing the fuel tank is absolutely the biggest ripoff I've ever heard.

Definitely remove the exhaust screen..!! You don't need it or want it.

If the carb has been replaced..then it may just not be adjusted correctly.

Find a Good Stihl Dealer..!!

And please don't post in 'bold' print...hard to read and is considered 'shouting' here.
:cheers:
J2F

Tank vent anyone?
+1..what Adirondackstihl said..!!

After removing the screen..the tank vent is where I would go next.

When it starts bogging down..'burp' the fuel tank by opening the cap.

If that fixes it for a bit..then you likely have a tank vent problem.
:cheers:
J2F

thanks for the info, im going to pick it up at the shop today i told them not to replace the fuel tank and just leave it alone. i just got back in town, i will try everything y'all said i do i get the screen out, and if it's the vent, do i just replace the fuel cap.. its a great saw when it's working right..thanks

Latest posts

Back