ms200t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dadatwins

Dadatwins

Addicted to ArboristSite
Spell check would be helpful, one of those gray buttons below the message box. As for the saw, what type / ratio mix are you using? To much oil in the mix will make it smoke. Most new saws will smoke a few tanks until they are broken in. Did the dealer set it up? If it is under warranty avoid doing any adjustments until a few tanks have gone through and then bring it to the dealer. Good luck.

DeanBrown3D

DeanBrown3D

ArboristSite Operative
hugashe said:
it was the mix. i had put husky oil in the steel saw. it cleaned up once i changed the mix.

hows the spelling now?
Make that Stihl and not steel and you're good! (Apart from the i's).

What are you doing with that saw? That's one of the best saws out there, if not the best, for tree work.

Dadatwins

Dadatwins

Addicted to ArboristSite
hugashe said:
it was the mix. i had put husky oil in the steel saw. it cleaned up once i changed the mix.

hows the spelling now?

Spelling is better and easier to understand, thanks. Stihl and husky both premium mix and one should not make the other smoke. Sounds like you might have mixed it wrong and had too much oil in the mix. Be careful, you bought a very expensive saw and it would be a shame to ruin it with improperly mixed fuel. be careful. :)

Dan Forsh

Dan Forsh

Addicted to ArboristSite
Guys, there's really no need to get so hung up on spelling because:

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid! Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh, and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

Latest posts