MS211 Owners Opinion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oil leak fixed

I just bought an MS211, classical problem, oil leaked at the hose exit from the tank. Reoved the oil and the hose, cleaned the hole in the tank and the hose with degreaser and dishwashing liquid, poured oil resistant silicone sealant around the hole and onto the hose,let it become tacky, reassembled, let it dry overnight. It is perfect. Excellent saw, by the way.

I almost bought one of those - they look nice.
Ended up buying an Echo CS-352 instead, 34cc and about 25% less $$$ no regrets here.

review of your echo please,i in same boat,thankyou....:msp_smile:

I love my MS211. It's a great little saw -- plenty of power for it's size, lightweight, smooth. I really like the picco bar/chain on that saw. I would definitely buy it again. And yes, it has a tendency to leak bar oil. It didn't leak when it was new, but it started not too long after that. It's not lines. I'm pretty sure the oil comes from the normal passage feeding the bar (I haven't gone looking in any detail). Of course, some leaks off the bar/chain and clutch cover when you stop running too. It leaks just enough to be slightly annoying -- it's not like it dumps the whole tank (like a certain other saw I own). My MS250 leaks as much or more oil. It's not a reason to not buy the saw. Just don't leave it sitting on some surface that can't handle any oil.

hi,was just wandering if you had a 60 cc saw and wanted a 2nd,how would you compare the ms250 and 211????? thank you:msp_smile:

hi,was just wandering if you had a 60 cc saw and wanted a 2nd,how would you compare the ms250 and 211????? thank you:msp_smile:

Biggest complaint with the MS211 is it only has ONE (1) Bar Stud. That said, my dealer says of the 211, excessive pressure on the bar when pulling up through a cut from the underside of the log, or limb will eventually lead to replacing the bar stud. I, often times catch myself doing an uppercut with it, but so far so good.

:msp_smile:
Biggest complaint with the MS211 is it only has ONE (1) Bar Stud. That said, my dealer says of the 211, excessive pressure on the bar when pulling up through a cut from the underside of the log, or limb will eventually lead to replacing the bar stud. I, often times catch myself doing an uppercut with it, but so far so good.

thankyou!!

I am in the market for a new small farm saw for brush & trees under 10". The Stihl ms211 looks like it could be the right saw for the job with a 12" or 14" bar. I have noticed most people on Arboristsite likes the 211, however it seems the oil line leaks on some of the saws.
My questions are:
1- Would you buy the ms211 again, if not what would you replace it with?
2- Does the oil line leak on your 211?

Back