MS250 running out of gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rktman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I recieved an early Christmas present, a new MS250 Stihl. It seems to be a great little saw, but it acts like its running out of gas when the tank is 1/3 full. I know they don't hold that much, but this doesn't seem normal. The pick up tube looks OK (not clogged). My old 038 doesn't act that way until the last drop is gone.

I am runnning new fuel (50:1).

Any ideas?

I'll be interested in answers to this one. I have a saw that does the same thing. I've checked the obvious stuff, and it doesn't always do it.
My theory is the pick up is getting lodged in a funny position in the upper part of the fuel tank, not allowing it to work properly.

I purchased and ms250 and the dealer gave me two before I had one that ran properly. They wanted to get a new carb and blaa blaa blaa..take it back and tell them to give you a NEW saw that runs properly. If they give you any problems...say "If I wanted to be treated like this I would have bought my saw at a place like Lowes". Then ask them for the number for Stihl customer satisfaction...also ask for their dealer ID number... LOL.

Service Service Service...

Latest posts

Back