MS250-Too Much Compression?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm running an 18" bar with a full chisel RS chain, yellow link. Also got my saw rich because of breakin.

I'm counting 9.5 seconds for my slowest cut and 11.5 for yours. Your bar looks smaller.

Not trying at all to say "mine better than yours", just trying to compare here.

What size bar and chain? Chain type?

I have both a .325 picco for 18" and a 16" picco 3/8 with bar. I really think this saw is meant for a 16". I had another with a 16" and it just felt right.

I certainly hope yours is better. This saw was STOCK. 16" .325 rs.

Bud I am trying to help you. Please do not take offense.

Listen to the difference in the rev they are carrying the stock saw is higher and shouldn't be. You have done very well but can get more.

Peace

Not taking one drop of offense.

Having a lot of fun with these saws and just doing whatever the guys here have said are trusted to work and are within my abilities.

The piston has a very small popup. I won't get into that argument.

The ports were widened and chamfered, but the timing was untouched.

The muff mod wasn't excessive internally. I didn't want to remove too much back pressure.

Every person here said to advance timing. I may have advanced it too much.

My video is aweful and the sound is even worse. I'll update it in the spring. I'm afraid to lean the saw out yet. I hit 20,500 rpm when I leaned the H screw.

I appreciate the advice David, keep it coming. I thing this saw shines with a 16" bar. I think an 18 is a bit big.

Back in Nov. 2002, I bought a new BMW motorcycle. The dealer I bought it from was about 110 miles from where I live.

Anyways, when I went to pick it up and ride it home, I was told not to baby it on the way. I was told, don't be afraid to ride it hard. The dealer said, if you baby it on the way home, you might end up regretting it.

So, once on the highway, it was me, the machine, and a somewhat heavy throttle hand, all the while, bearing in mind, that I was risking over $16K.

It all turned out fine. :)
Best way to break in an engine is run it like you stole it.

Latest posts

Back