Ms251 hard to pull at first when starting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcquade

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Have a few month old ms251. When I let it sit overnight it is hard to pull the rope till it burbs. Once it fires it is easy to pull start the rest of the the time I am out cutting. It starts after 3 pulls. The pulls are pretty jerky. Dealer said this is normal. Piston looks great. When I pull the plug it is easy to pull. Is this normal?

Yes, you are feeling the compression. without the plug in the compression os lost out the spark plug hole. If it is hard to start at first, consider starting on the ground holding the handle down with your foot. Choked at first. first pop, half choke. If your foot does not hold the saw down, put a stick through the handle, step on the stick.

Have a few month old ms251. When I let it sit overnight it is hard to pull the rope till it burbs. Once it fires it is easy to pull start the rest of the the time I am out cutting. It starts after 3 pulls. The pulls are pretty jerky. Dealer said this is normal. Piston looks great. When I pull the plug it is easy to pull. Is this normal?

Do a search on "hard to pull over," and you will find lots of threads...and, many are about the MS250 and 251.

Seems you dealer is probably right. Try pulling the saw over slowly for one or two pulls before you really try to start it.

I have also seen quite a few For Sale CL ads...guys selling these saws looking for something easier to deal with.

Roy

Latest posts

Back