MS260 Dual Port Part #???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawaddict

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
The ms260 parts guide lists three part #s for "exhaust casing." A friend of mine wants to get a dual port cover for his 260, but his dealer tells him there isnt one. Which one of the part #s is for the 260 dual port. My dealer found the three part numbers, but didnt know which one it was. I did a site search and came up empty. Any info would be great.

I haven't seen any such animal, but 026 muffler is easy to add extra ports to, could be done with nothing more than a hand drill and 5/16 inch bit.

I dont know on this one but if you use the search i know there ha ve been posts and pictures on this subject.

206 muff

i took a 024 muff front with out heat shield and made four holes into two holes for itzty my 260 pro:hmm3grin2orange: it iz louder and runs better:chainsawguy:

I have seen two 5/16 holes added one above and one below, this is certanly fine for a stock saw and very mild, it can be opened up more than that if you wish, even for stock. Don't forget to clean any metal burs out and reset the carb settings so you don't end up too lean.

Heres what I did to mine, less than 30 minutes and a big difference. ;)

attachment.php

pulled the screen to.

Last edited:
I added the two 5/16" holes on my 260, above and below the existing hole. The new holes and a carb adjust made a major difference/improvement in how the saw ran. Andy said to start with the two holes and go from there. It worked very well.

Back