MS261 C-M mod question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just wait an see who is right..seen it time an time again.it messes the Chip on the Mtronic module up.why would you think Stihl wouldnt do that to start with? and no it isnt because of EPA either.its called a lot of testing on Stihls part to make a product that lasts not a tinker toy.
if people would leave a Stihl saw alone new and just use it-and not abuse it it would last a lifetime if you want more out of a saw buy a bigger saw.only makes sense.but these tinker boys bring Stihl good money repairing saws average is 35 an hour labor plus parts. good money for Stihl dealers.youd crap a brick if you seen what Stihl parts cost dealer price..200 per cent mark up..LOL you guys keep it up and Stihl will get better off all the time.be sure an buy some aftermarket parts too that will really get the job done. well i have the soft ware program to work on all current Mtronic saws.if anybody is interested 9k will get all of it.costs 12k from Stihl. ill stick to the 1128 series saws with carb screws my self.Mtronic sucks.its not a matter of if its going to lean out and smoke the piston ITS JUST WHEN.mostly after warranty runs out...Stihl tries hard to make a good product that lasts but i dont believe Mtronic is that product.

if people would leave a Stihl saw alone new and just use it-and not abuse it it would last a lifetime if you want more out of a saw buy a bigger saw.only makes sense.but these tinker boys bring Stihl good money repairing saws average is 35 an hour labor plus parts. good money for Stihl dealers.youd crap a brick if you seen what Stihl parts cost dealer price..200 per cent mark up..LOL you guys keep it up and Stihl will get better off all the time.be sure an buy some aftermarket parts too that will really get the job done. well i have the soft ware program to work on all current Mtronic saws.if anybody is interested 9k will get all of it.costs 12k from Stihl. ill stick to the 1128 series saws with carb screws my self.Mtronic sucks.its not a matter of if its going to lean out and smoke the piston ITS JUST WHEN.mostly after warranty runs out...Stihl tries hard to make a good product that lasts but i dont believe Mtronic is that product.
How many hours till my “burnt jug and piston” happens from the muffler mod?

i retired from STIHL wise guy as a PLATINUM master mechanic not gold boy..got 21 years in all.EXPERIENCE not computer motor mouth
When did you see these “hundreds” of mtronic saws meltdown from a muffler mod?

And what did the computer say how many hours were on them?

How many hours till my “burnt jug and piston” happens from the muffler mod?
depends on how you use it..how long you use it.is it being used logging or just casual home use? ive seen them come to dealership with less than 10 hrs on them according to the customer with top end smoked piston seized real good an no compression. that back pressure that the muffler creates is for a reason bro.it has to do with port fuel flow off the carb.thats for Mtronic as well as regular saws.it will make a saw run cooler yes but cooler running saw dosent mean power heat equal power in a two stroke cooler means carbon up from fuel and oil mixture. take a saw apart bro look at one with a muffler mod-gummed up piston will have gum an carbon all over the crown...a stock running saw will have little or no build up on the piston crown an bearings.ive seen it time an time again over the years.

LOL I guess your qualified to know why does Stihl void warranty if a mod is allright? get your head out of your butt an think..LOL
I'm more qualified than you know, you arrogant sob. Well over twice your experience, at a dealer level, specializing on Stihl products. With all the qualifications, including the one to make the determination you are a fool.

depends on how you use it..how long you use it.is it being used logging or just casual home use? ive seen them come to dealership with less than 10 hrs on them according to the customer with top end smoked piston seized real good an no compression. that back pressure that the muffler creates is for a reason bro.it has to do with port fuel flow off the carb.thats for Mtronic as well as regular saws.it will make a saw run cooler yes but cooler running saw dosent mean power heat equal power in a two stroke cooler means carbon up from fuel and oil mixture. take a saw apart bro look at one with a muffler mod-gummed up piston will have gum an carbon all over the crown...a stock running saw will have little or no build up on the piston crown an bearings.ive seen it time an time again over the years.
That Stihl ultra is some sh!t oil, huh? I agree.

just wait an see who is right..seen it time an time again.it messes the Chip on the Mtronic module up.why would you think Stihl wouldnt do that to start with? and no it isnt because of EPA either.its called a lot of testing on Stihls part to make a product that lasts not a tinker toy.
I will put this politely what a load of absolute dribble there are hundreds if not thousands on this site and other sides who have ported and modified the crap out of m-tronic saws without so much as one little Hiccup .
stihl just cannot admit EPA stops them building bloody saws the way they should be or why would they leave so much horsepower on the table for a decent builder to come along and make them work like they should for years .

I will put this politely what a load of absolute dribble there are hundreds if not thousands on this site and other sides who have ported and modified the crap out of m-tronic saws without so much as one little Hiccup .
stihl just cannot admit EPA stops them building bloody saws the way they should be or why would they leave so much horsepower on the table for a decent builder to come along and make them work like they should for years .

Well..... there's more to it. If they (Stihl) take, say a 1125 or 1128 family, and work it to the limit, while still keeping reliability, which they can do, how many saws would they really need in the entire line? 3? A 201T, the above and a 880? LOL. The EPA, as is ethanol, is an extremely convenient scapegoat.

Something has changed in space and time.

Something drastic.

We have in one thread a logger with 50yrs experience who can't put two sentences together arguing Physics concepts he is intellectually incapable of grasping and a Stihl "certified" mechanic who also a legend in his own mind.

2020. What a strange year...

Something drastic.

We have in one thread a logger with 50yrs experience who can't put two sentences together arguing Physics concepts he is intellectually incapable of grasping and a Stihl "certified" mechanic who also a legend in his own mind.

Attachments

• 5b4.jpg
    5b4.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 8

Something drastic.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THATS FUNNY KEEPEM COMING BOYS I ENJOY THE LAUGHS

Back