MS261 C-M mod question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and your talking loggers-Some of the wittiest people i ever met were loggers some of the dumbest asses i ever met were loggers which one are you?

and your talking loggers-Some of the wittiest people i ever met were loggers some of the dumbest asses i ever met were loggers which one are you?
like i said you people on here amuse me why dont you boys make yourselves useful and get a job and vote BIDEN For sure Biggest Idiot Demowits Ever Nominated. we wont go any farther...LOGGERS ....could go there but im nice so i wont...LOL

I'm not sure you possess the self-awareness to realize where you got off track. I would surmise it was a few branches back in the genetic tree.
WELL COVID 19 will take care of this..the dumbasses will all die and the smart people will live thats called cleaning the gene pool up being needed done for last two hundred years.

Something has changed in space and time.

Something drastic.

We have in one thread a logger with 50yrs experience who can't put two sentences together arguing Physics concepts he is intellectually incapable of grasping and a Stihl "certified" mechanic who also a legend in his own mind.

2020. What a strange year...

That wasn’t nessecary. Did I state anything that wasn’t true about repairs at any time on this site? Or anything about you personally?
The guys either drunk or stupid. Or both.

That wasn’t nessecary. Did I state anything that wasn’t true about repairs at any time on this site? Or anything about you personally?
The guys either drunk or stupid. Or both.

I was not making reference to you so you may have read something into my post that wasn't intended.

You are correct that my decision to make slight of another forum member's intelligence was probably not the classiest move. Regardless of his sobriety or intelligence, we owe it to readers of this site to correct inaccurate information.

I was not making reference to you so you may have read something into my post that wasn't intended.

You are correct that my decision to make slight of another forum member's intelligence was probably not the classiest move. Regardless of his sobriety or intelligence, we owe it to readers of this site to correct inaccurate information.
WOW This just keeps getting better..im gone insulted appologized to called an idiot now I KNOW WHERE THE MORONS ARE.im going to cancel my account here so you guys wont have to worry about me anymore have at it boys im out of here..........PERIOD

WOW This just keeps getting better..im gone insulted appologized to called an idiot now I KNOW WHERE THE MORONS ARE.im going to cancel my account here so you guys wont have to worry about me anymore have at it boys im out of here..........PERIOD
There ain’t no cancelling your account here, this is the Hotel California. You can check in but you can never leave.

Not to call anyone out or get off topic, but there's a "ignore" function on here, and it works wonders.
Take some advice given on this forum with a grain of heavy salt...
I am not exactly a chainsaw wizard myself, But it's pretty easy to figure out who's talking out their ass in most cases.

if people would leave a Stihl saw alone new and just use it-and not abuse it it would last a lifetime if you want more out of a saw buy a bigger saw.only makes sense.but these tinker boys bring Stihl good money repairing saws average is 35 an hour labor plus parts. good money for Stihl dealers.youd crap a brick if you seen what Stihl parts cost dealer price..200 per cent mark up..LOL you guys keep it up and Stihl will get better off all the time.be sure an buy some aftermarket parts too that will really get the job done. well i have the soft ware program to work on all current Mtronic saws.if anybody is interested 9k will get all of it.costs 12k from Stihl. ill stick to the 1128 series saws with carb screws my self.Mtronic sucks.its not a matter of if its going to lean out and smoke the piston ITS JUST WHEN.mostly after warranty runs out...Stihl tries hard to make a good product that lasts but i dont believe Mtronic is that product.
MDG-1 is only about $1,200 from Stihl.

Steering this trainwreck back on the rails I’ll add this, I have a 261CM that I bought in spring of 21. I run an 18” Tsumura bar on it exclusively. For a good number of tankfuls I wasn’t impressed, I can’t say for certain when it was but it had been on the shelf for several months when I pulled it out to deal with a cluster of mid sized red and white oaks blocking my starlink dish.
As soon as I got going it was obvious, different saw, she was positively screaming, and no more bogging under load. I had heard from you guys here that it takes 5 or so tankfuls before these things start to really open up.
Now, I have zero desire to make it louder or crack the cases to gain another 10%. If it stays bulletproof and runs like it does now then it remains my favorite Stihl I’ve ever run and I bought my first one in 83. I also have a 500 that is like a drug to run but this 261 is what I’ll reach for 95% of the time.

Steering this trainwreck back on the rails I’ll add this, I have a 261CM that I bought in spring of 21. I run an 18” Tsumura bar on it exclusively. For a good number of tankfuls I wasn’t impressed, I can’t say for certain when it was but it had been on the shelf for several months when I pulled it out to deal with a cluster of mid sized red and white oaks blocking my starlink dish.
As soon as I got going it was obvious, different saw, she was positively screaming, and no more bogging under load. I had heard from you guys here that it takes 5 or so tankfuls before these things start to really open up.
Now, I have zero desire to make it louder or crack the cases to gain another 10%. If it stays bulletproof and runs like it does now then it remains my favorite Stihl I’ve ever run and I bought my first one in 83. I also have a 500 that is like a drug to run but this 261 is what I’ll reach for 95% of the time.
Same experience with my 261 NON-mtronic. First few tanks I was disappointed. Then she really woke up. I shaved off the carb limiters, opened up the factory exhaust port almost double, mix my gas 40:1 Amsoil Saber. I mix 75% 91 octane with 25% 110 octane VP race fuel.

I know this is overkill but the pump gas is not what is was many many years ago. I run the same mix with my dirt bikes and a factory 440 snocross race sled.

This fuel mixture keeps the motors cooler and helps prevent detonation especially when doing mods. If you use octane too high when a motor doesn't require it you'll actually lose performance. 96 seems to be the sweet spot for my equipment.

In "theory" I should get more longevity out of my toys. If not, it sure smells FANTASTIC and at least I will have a placebo effect ha ha.

For the amount of cutting I do the cost is negligible. I cringe when I see people use the cheapest gas they can find. If you're just a regular guy living on some acreage and cut firewood think about how much more you'll actually pay for giving your toys/tools a very healthy diet.

Geez. I don't know how the heck I got so off track with my rambling ha ha. Maybe someone will find it useful. I love this site. Glad I joined.

Back