ms290 oiling issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caleb90

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
morning all, havin a oiling issue with my 290. just put a new chain on went to buck some wood after i cut a log length.noticed the chain was hot and un oiled odd! so i let it free spin for a bit and it finally got some oil, but while looking it over its just pushing the oil past the bar and all over the inside of the clutch cover. took bar off oil port isnt blocked, but i noticed the plastic where the sits on the power head is getting wore. making it so the bar and power head dont sit flush. now ive owned this saw since new(2004) and it has never had the stainless piece that goes over the bar studs and adjuster, i am wondering if that piece was mia during assembly. never questioned it as its a lower end saw and just assumed they didnt come with it, now im hoping my bar block isnt fubar'd. let me know

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quite common for the bar pad not mate tightly to the bar after years of use, some plastic/nylon wears away and sometimes the pad warps. Either will allow bar oil to ooze away instead of flowing out through the hole in the bar.

Back