ms341

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spd132

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Was on stihls web site for Canada last night, because the 2009 cataloge for USA is not up yet, and saw the 341. Is this a new saw or just not avail. in US?

Was on stihls web site for Canada last night, because the 2009 cataloge for USA is not up yet, and saw the 341. Is this a new saw or just not avail. in US?

Not the Stihl expert, but I believe it has been around for a while. There are a few members here that have one. I think they are in Canada as well.

Yes you can only get it up here but it's only $50.00 Canadian paso's cheaper than a 361.:D Just like Stihl only list the 260 arctic here makes everyone down South think we live in igloos.

Last edited:
No! But my dream home is one made of logs, over looking the mountains.Of course the log's would be cut by a Jred! and I would heat with wood but some of that wood would be cut with a old Mac and a Dolmar and the Poulans would have a hand in it too.

Last edited:
The 341 is not a new model it is basically a detuned 361 it has open style transfers as opposed to closed type on the 361 as well as a few other changes but nothing you can see, carb and coil have different part #'s. If I was buying from a dealer I would just get the 361 cause as Austin said its only a little bit cheaper although last year it was 100 bucks cheaper at one dealer I stopped at.

I picked mine up private sale and saved 250 bucks over the price of a new 361 so it was a no brainer at the time. And I bought myself a saw helmet, safety pants, wedges, file kit and oil with the money I saved.

As far as performance it has pleanty, although I've never used a 361 I dont think the difference is much its only list with 0.4 less hp. I do know that it is lighter (only a little) and has more power than an 034 and an 034 is well respected by alot of people on here.

Stihl2.jpg
Stihl112.jpg

Last edited:
Back