MS362 24/25 inch bar and chain required

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2013-02-12

Well there she is, with house in background, glove for perspective, pine split in half about 8 feet up?, 30 inch diameter at base, about 25 inch at 4 feet up, plan on felling it along driveway where branches protrude..

Looking at it today, I thought it would be pretty easy again, I go back and forth with worry about it, other side fell within an hour of myself and neighbor driving to work, my kids and wife walking up directly under it on driveway (3rd pic shows this - after driveway was cleared)- totally unexpected and quite scary. This happened when winds picked up after a 50+ degree day on Monday morning last week.. Then we got 2 feet of snow as you can see in last pic.. Gotta love New England weather..

Last edited:
Looked at the images. Looks like one fork of the pine peeled off, leaving the remaining portion leaning towards the house, right? Problem is that there's no way to get a sense from the images the extent of the damage and whether the trunk would remain intact while you were making your cuts or would split from the damaged area on down, in which case there could be the double danger of a barberchair and loss of control over the falling direction.

So I'd better not be offering advice, since it might place you and your property at increased risk of harm, except to say be extremely wary of a tree that exhibits structural failure such as this and consider calling in a pro to handle its removal.

Latest posts

Back