MS362 base gasket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saw Dr.

Junk Collector
Reaction score
Working through one of my personal saws for a change. Low hour saw scored on the exhaust side. Cylinder didn't clean up 100% perfect, but it should make a strong runner anyway. New OEM piston and everything else. I have not done any modding on any stratified scavenging engines yet. Is it worth fooling with squish or not? I will not be porting, at least not at first.

Thanks Neal. Gasket NOT on order. I decided to get a new small end bearing (because I can & they are cheap.). So I'm sidelined until Friday. New baby is keeping me busy anyway.

I am really curious about how that engine turns out. After two or three tanks of gas, I would very much like to see what that piston looks like. I also have a saw with a cylinder that is very slightly scored. I thought it was good enough to make a PERFECT runner, but the piston is all scratched up now. Looking through the exhaust port, I could see some marks but when I took off the cylinder it looked even worse.

I'm almost 100% sure there's no air leak.

Back