MS362C tear down thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samsquatch

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey-o gang. My new-to-me ms362CM has issues accelerating and holding power in a cut. I believe I’ve located the issue with that, and I will post about that at length in this thread after a couple days.
For now, I have my saw torn down and I discovered this that worries me. The oil side of the crankcase has a crack in it, but it seems to be localized to one of the bar mount posts. Probably chain tightened too much at some point and stressed the post and the case. See picture. Do you think this could seriously jeopardize the integrity of my saw? The crack appears to not go around the front of the case ( see second picture).
It used to leak oil, but I think we got that fixed with a new oil pump inner seal. The loss of power I will post about later but I believe to be attributed to the cylinder. Given that it doesn’t leak oil, and that I should have the power issue fixed, should I worry myself with this, and the money question is should I order a new crank case half?
Cheers!
SAM
679473E2-9731-4DD3-8DB6-7E0F450CE310.jpeg 16CC7B16-3CF3-4240-B644-4F26E35F1C6C.jpeg

I don't think I'd not run it because of that. Worst it will do is leak oil. I'd be on the hunt for a replacement half though for the shelf. Let CAD take over, once you have another saw or 12 take this one down and replace the case half.

I don't think I'd not run it because of that. Worst it will do is leak oil. I'd be on the hunt for a replacement half though for the shelf. Let CAD take over, once you have another saw or 12 take this one down and replace the case half.
Got seven already! I own a small tree service. I do have a 2013 362C (non Mtronic) and a 2014 362CM in addition to this 2016 CM. The non Mtronic version - would that case fit this one?

there was a difference with the pins on the clutch side case I don't remember if they were the same as far as replacement
I know there are 6 or 7 different cases for the clutch side

Back