MS440 Big Bore Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roscodog

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the big bore kit offered by Bailey's? Part number BBN 044 manufactured by NWP Performance Parts. Are the power gains worth it? Are the parts made from quality materials? Will they last like OEM parts? I've already ordered a dual port muffler cover. Will I be able to adjust my carb for the extra displacement?

Thanks in advance for any replies, Ross

Does anyone have any experience with the big bore kit offered by Bailey's? Part number BBN 044 manufactured by NWP Performance Parts. Are the power gains worth it? Are the parts made from quality materials? Will they last like OEM parts? I've already ordered a dual port muffler cover. Will I be able to adjust my carb for the extra displacement?

Thanks in advance for any replies, Ross
No experience the the 044, but have played with three 066 kits. Fit and finish on ports and piston are usually as good or better than OEM.

One weak spot is the top of the bore. Various problems can arise there -- stalled while honing, plating doesn't go all the way to the top, or top of bore gouged while machining squish band. Inspect the very top of the bore very carefully before installing, if you see a serious problem, send it back.

Carb adjustment shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the reply. I've seen mixed reviews on other posts about bb kits. I'm wondering about the quality of the materials used and the longevity of the parts as compared to OEM. I've seen Honda engine clones with castings far nicer looking than originals but they have worn out in a very short time.

What about power gains?

Thanks, Ross

If your concerned about the quality of bb kit versus oem, a 046 jug can be used as well. There are a few threads on the fitting required. I am eventually going to do that with mine.

Thanks in advance for any replies, Ross[/QUOTE]

Ross can't speak to the reliability yet. Did a rebuild on an 044 using the Baileys BB kit, runs great.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Original problem.
attachment.php

Finished product.
attachment.php

Jerry

:cheers:

I also just finished an 044BB,an NWP kit from Baileys.Quality seems excellent and the saw runs great but I have not put it in any wood yet.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
man all this big bore talk is renweing my intrest in the 046 bigbore on my 440 maybe ill cut this season on the stockish 440 then get a 046 bigbore and leave it stockish and run it like that

man all this big bore talk is renweing my intrest in the 046 bigbore on my 440 maybe ill cut this season on the stockish 440 then get a 046 bigbore and leave it stockish and run it like that

Evan, what happened? Did you crash all your helicopters? Haven't seen you around in a while. :cheers:

nope helis fine.

im haveing issues with ASS

Back