MS440 resurrection?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timberhauler

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I had to close down my tree and grading business about two years due to health issues and I sold just about everything except for one MS460 that was still unused and a MS200t that was barely broken in.When all this happened I didn't keep up with what was going on,there was question as whether I would even be able to walk again,much less climb trees or work in the woods again.Things have changed now,I'm back on my feet and back to working again but still just part time for now as I'm still not 100%.Three weeks ago I walk into my dealers shop to buy a couple of new saws.I bought the last two MS460's they had and learned that it had been discontinued and replaced by the 461.I picked up a stihl catalog while I was there and the 440 is in the new catalog,and is listed on their website again.Does anyone know if they are gonna put them out again?I wondered because I have a catalog from 2009 and it wasn't listed there.My dealer said he had not heard anything yet,but I find it strange for them to list it in their catalogs and on their web site again if there aren't gonna sell it.Has anyone else heard anything?

They have been back out for almost a year I believe maybe longer.

They didn't know that apparently...I'm pissed now because I would have bought two of those instead of the 460's...I think I will be going back down there to make them swap out one of the 460's for a 440..The guy I used to deal with at that store wasn't there and the guy I was dealing with was new and not very knowledgeable.I love my 460's but the 440 was always my favorite by a mile.Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back