MS441 R C-M M-Tronic Review and Mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to have one to test. Like the 441M I hear they're stronger than the non AT saws.

I plan on making a new video tomorrow, I' going to put a screw driver to the 7900 to see if I can't fine a little more HP, + bigger wood.

Right :) Those Dolmar's are a different breed IMO.

Shouldn't the 441 be compared more to a 440 or 372 stocker right out of their boxes instead of a much larger saw like the 7900?

Isn't the 7900 more in the class of a 681 solo?

A husky auto tune would be interesting too as mentioned before.

This is more like a comparison of a 260 vs. A 361 in my opinion. I think I already know what would happen if I would sick my 441 Sawzilla on that dolmar.

Shouldn't the 441 be compared more to a 440 or 372 stocker right out of their boxes instead of a much larger saw like the 7900?

This is more like a comparison of a 260 vs. A 361 in my opinion. I think I already know what would happen if I would sick my 441 Sawzilla on that dolmar.

You're 100% right, however, the problem is that there's a shortage of stock saws in the Cincinnati area :hmm3grin2orange:. Andre's 7900 is the only stock saw we have that's anywhere near the cc's so that's why it was chosen.

I think what you should do is get a new 460 keep it stock,run it against the M Tronic then get Brad to port both and run them again,then send the 460 to me.
Problem solved.:smile2:

Internet issues, lightning, sorry.:msp_sleep:
Hey, don't sweat it. I'm just an impatient kid in a candy store:)

I cant believe how close it kept with the 7900
Impressive to say the least IMO
I'm shocked too, especially considering the reputation the 7900 has.

I think what you should do is get a new 460 keep it stock,run it against the M Tronic then get Brad to port both and run them again,then send the 460 to me.
Problem solved.:smile2:
I have a brand new 460 here, the raffle saw. Unfortunately, it's no longer stock either. I could get my Dad's 046 though if there's enough interest and Andre wants to mess with it. It's a great running saw and well broken in. It didn't really need it, but I put new rings in it not that long ago. The saw's in perfect condition. If this 441 can keep up with that saw, then I am impressed.

Any signs that the M Tronic was running lean at all guys? As mentioned the ones out here were running too hot for forestry certificaton indicating lean running. They are certainly impressive though for what they are.
Oh and 441 Sawzilla mentioned above would certainly make short work of a stock 7900 ;)

Any signs that the M Tronic was running lean at all guys? As mentioned the ones out here were running too hot for forestry certificaton indicating lean running. They are certainly impressive though for what they are.
Oh and 441 Sawzilla mentioned above would certainly make short work of a stock 7900 ;)

After the first tank, and killing the saw under load in the cut, the piston crown was dark brown. The plug was too new to have proper color.

As much as your right, how many years has the 372 been compared against the 79cc Dolmar? :msp_wink:

Might do yet mate. I'm going to pop the other piston I have in there and pop the cyl only on and check again. I just can't locate where it is coming from as all bearings at this stage feel fine. Process of elimination I spose.

Rod stretch from 20,000rpm.

Im sure it would. But that was never in question. :)

I don't think it could run too lean, it just keeps mixture at optimum where mosy saws are slightly richer that optimun. Combined with strato design, would like make a hotter muffler. Just my opinion.

I'd love to have one to test. Like the 441M I hear they're stronger than the non AT saws.

I plan on making a new video tomorrow, I' going to put a screw driver to the 7900 to see if I can't fine a little more HP, + bigger wood.

Yeah the 7900 seemed too lean, it didn't like being pushed in that soft wood. It think a liitle tuning under load will help. I really like this 441cm!

Comparing it to the 046 should be a good comparison. Does the 046 have the larger muffler openings or a muffler mod?

Comparing it to the 046 should be a good comparison. Does the 046 have the larger muffler openings or a muffler mod?

Dad's 046 came off the shelf the very first month they were available. It come stock with the muffler body having a large exhaust exit AND the dual port cover. I have opened them up even more. Other than that, the saw is bone stock. It's an excellent runner. It would make an excellent saw to test against.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with this muffler. There's not good place to put another deflector, other than the bottom. It fits nicely between the muffler and case and looks like a mouth, lol. The only possible issue is that it would blow straight forward in very close proximity to the bark. Shouldn't be an issue though once it's ported. It won't be in one place long enough to get that hot:clap: Another option is to really open the muffler up at the factory opening. This would mean no longer having a functional spark arrestor. I'll probably end up selling this saw, so that may not be a good idea. Ideas?

Right on Brad!!! You get a rep for that. I've had mine 2 years now no problamos yet. I'm wondering when Stihl is gonna make a dual port for the 441. I just opened up the factory port bigger, took out plastic lim screws clipped them and opened her up. That "rocking horse feel" that some say I don't notice, like you said let the saw do it's thing.

Latest posts

Back