ms460 bar sizes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climber96

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i have 4 big white oak logs that need to be cut up i normally run a 25 on my 460 but it just wont cut it on this one wondering how well it would pull a 32 inch bar with a full skip chain ?

I have a 32" bar for my 460. The saw does fine, plenty of power for the bar with a full chisel chain, but you have to be mindful of a properly sharpened chain to keep it going straight through the log. I've been using it on big shag bark hickory and it certainly does the job.

I have a 32" bar for my 460. The saw does fine, plenty of power for the bar with a full chisel chain, but you have to be mindful of a properly sharpened chain to keep it going straight through the log. I've been using it on big shag bark hickory and it certainly does the job.

And Shagbark is significantly harder than White Oak. Should be fine, especially with sharp skip chain.

My 460 pulls a 32 with full comp full chisel just fine I bet set up properly would pull a 36 good as well. Maybe at that length I would go with semi or full skip.

Latest posts

Back