MS461 Giveaway Saw Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drag raced for many years.......built all my own engines too. That is an expensive hobby......

With the CNC porting that is available these days, I don't think I could be competitive in that market though.
I agree about the cnc part but there is still alot of guys doing it the old fashion way. I hang around alot drag racers and chassis builders to get my car fix because im too broke to have a car myself but in my area 2 of the big names in around here still do hand porting even on cnc'd heads. Its all in what you want to take on too, i imagine you stay pretty busy.

I agree about the cnc part but there is still alot of guys doing it the old fashion way. I hang around alot drag racers and chassis builders to get my car fix because im too broke to have a car myself but in my area 2 of the big names in around here still do hand porting even on cnc'd heads. Its all in what you want to take on too, i imagine you stay pretty busy.

We are doing over 200 saws a year now.......and no local work at all.

Very nice work sir. These 461s mod very well.

Thanks for the nod Jasha.......it means a lot coming from you my friend.

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

And what's your favorite color?

African or European?

It’s a simple question of weight ratios.....

Averaging the above numbers and plugging them in to the Strouhal equation for cruising flight (fA/U = 7 beats per second * 0.18 meters per beat / 9.5 meters per second) yields a Strouhal number of roughly 0.13:

swallow_st13.gif

... indicating a surprisingly efficient flight pattern falling well below the expected range of 0.2–0.4.

Although a definitive answer would of course require further measurements, published species-wide averages of wing length and body mass, initial Strouhal estimates based on those averages and cross-species comparisons, the Lund wind tunnel study of birds flying at a range of speeds, and revised Strouhal numbers based on that study all lead me to estimate that the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour.

Blue, I like blue best....

Including the breast pumps? I'd think there'd be a few of those on the local scene...

Needing a breast pump repaired are we?

I heard you got cut Neal........you ok?

Yep, fell on a chain-less bar in the shop...A couple of nice slics that took a chunk out of the wrist. Doc stitched me up and now I look like I tried to off myself.

...or do you mean cut, as in a gilt???? If so, nope....they'd have to catch me first.

Latest posts

Back