MS461 Giveaway Saw Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice trick with the card stock :rock:! Save's from putting the cylinder on 4 or 5 times and risking getting aluminum dust in the bottom end each time you do, I like it :bowdown:!
I basically do mine the exact same way, but I mark the cylinder with a sharpe off the ring instead of using the card stock.....then I still grind and check grind and check :confused:. Think I'll try the card stock next time.

So do we get a vid? :D

I hope there are guys that take the info I post in these threads and build their own saws. I remember when I was scouring the internet looking for this sort of stuff.

I know without guidance from Randy and the fight thread boys I wouldn't have been able to open my saws up!

Don't have the technology to cut the squish or pop up the piston...........maybe someday?

I hadn't tried any upper transfer work or timing advance yet

Nice trick with the card stock :rock:! Save's from putting the cylinder on 4 or 5 times and risking getting aluminum dust in the bottom end each time you do, I like it :bowdown:!
I basically do mine the exact same way, but I mark the cylinder with a sharpe off the ring instead of using the card stock.....then I still grind and check grind and check :confused:. Think I'll try the card stock next time.

So do we get a vid? :D

Not yet. I don't wanna get it dirty. :D

Fantastic! The one word covers the thread, the build, and the reason behind the build. I'll put my name in the hat, certainly won't be any losers on this deal.

Don't know if it is worth the aggravation but the bake on paints might be worth considering for the mufflers. Back when the paint for guns was pretty new a friend wanted to try the stuff from Brownell's on a 1911 I built for him. A compensated race gun, figured the paint wouldn't last a week between and around the comp ports. To my surprise the paint stayed perfect at least several years, no idea how long. I just sprayed the paint on out of a spray bomb can and stuck the parts in a kitchen oven. 325 degrees until lightly brown, oops, that's my biscuits, make that color black on the gun.

Hu

Thread re-affirms everything I already knew about you and your work Randy. It's been money well spent on the 13 or 14 saws you've done for me. I still have no interest in ever doing it myself. $250 is a small price to pay for the results I know you will deliver. Im hoping 2014 will bring some new models that interest me and rest assured they will be sent your way.

I also think this thread and what you have shown us will do nothing but help your business. Not only is your skill evidenced.... but also your character and class as a person and friend. The Monkey is "High Caliber" in my book.

lots of pictures. i like!

i need to get me one of these saws.

Well send me the one you have and get another one:buttkick:

Does that thing even run? We haven't seen a video yet:popcorn::popcorn::givebeer::givebeer::popcorn::chop:

Randy----------I have been using saws for a long time, just never got into hopping them up. Now I know why, it's a lot of work! I understand a lot more of the terms that I hear being tossed around at GTG's now. Thanks for a great build and fantastic pictures to boot! I hope the saw goes to a very appreciative new owner-----------------me for an example. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray

Does it run? Hell yes it runs. :chop:

When I fired it up today it was making 15,400 RPM. I'll need to rejet the carb........I ended up 2.5 turns out on the HS and it was at 14,500. We made a video, I'll load it tomorrow.

Does it run? Hell yes it runs. :chop:

When I fired it up today it was making 15,400 RPM. I'll need to rejet the carb........I ended up 2.5 turns out on the HS and it was at 14,500. We made a video, I'll load it tomorrow.

What is the stock jet? And what are you changing it to? And what jet does mine have in it?

They have a small jet in comparison to an early 066 or 046. I've been tweaking my numbers a little bit still, and have found more RPM in the process. Yours is probably just fine like it is. This one would be ok with the jet that is in it, but the HS screw is getting pretty far out.....

Latest posts

Back