MS461 Giveaway Saw Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. At least it went to a good guy. I almost picked up another 350 localy recently too. Just missed it. May get a 357xp for you this week......if it works out.

Yep. At least it went to a good guy. I almost picked up another 350 localy recently too. Just missed it. May get a 357xp for you this week......if it works out.

i would really like a 357. currently i have enough saws that do the jobs i need but may as well fill every cc range aye :) i'm currently building a second 372. just waiting to finish up a trade with J.J. still interested in that other 372 that might be an xpw too. i'll get some pics of the 125 to you in a PM come soon. get yer blood flowing :laugh:. my buddy swears it's an sp125 but i'm not convinced yet. it doesn't have an AF cover but he is looking for it cause he swears he has it somewhere. he is a bit of hoarder. either way it is a 125 but i can't even remember if it's got AV or not. i got it stored in a safe place that isn't even accessible to me without a 20 min drive. aka grandpa's shop. don't have room here for anymore big saws.

We should continue this in PM's so as to not further derail this thread. Bet you get some PM's from guys trying to bird dog that saw out from under my nose now.....:D

On-topic content:

Come on guys.............................donate to the TBone75 fundraiser. You may winya a brandy new MasterMinded (Mooberized) MS461!!!

Last edited:
Randy, Fantastic thread, thank you for sharing all the info and pics and stuff. You had mentioned earlier about having to retard the ignition timing on a modded 681- I can see how that would be so, since you tightened up the squish it would increase the turbulence and the efficiency of the chamber, which would allow you to pull some ignition lead out of it. Ever think of modifying the chamber for increased swirl? I've been doing a couple of things in that direction on my last few saws and it seems to work.

Randy, Fantastic thread, thank you for sharing all the info and pics and stuff. You had mentioned earlier about having to retard the ignition timing on a modded 681- I can see how that would be so, since you tightened up the squish it would increase the turbulence and the efficiency of the chamber, which would allow you to pull some ignition lead out of it. Ever think of modifying the chamber for increased swirl? I've been doing a couple of things in that direction on my last few saws and it seems to work.

randy...just want to echo the reply above. only the second build thread, i have ever had the stomach to read all the way through in the last 2 years. i'm a sucker for trying to help someone out at heart.

commend both, you and snell.. first and foremost. that is what life is all about.

-joe

I've got one that's an English/Cherokee mix. She sure can be a mean one when riled up.
I got one thats all Irish redneck.I keep her away from any and all alcohol.somebody cut in front of me at taco bell late one night and she wanted to pile out on them with her switch blade after she had a pinia colada lol

Mine is pleasant on the eyes with a great blend: asian indian & filipino until you get her mad. Best thing I've found out to fix it give her extra spending money with no rebuttal on her demands. I just keep a few extra Michelob lights around for anger management or go sharpen some chainsaw chains. She's kinda like a ported Stihl 261...small but powerful and pleasant to run.

Latest posts

Back