MS461 or MS461R ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whattttttttttttttt and you didn't get paid, now that's not good. Hey wait a minute, this guy that wants the 461 with the handle, his screen name is Glockem45. Maybe you two can work out a deal so you can get paid after all. I bought me a Glock not long ago. One ugly pistol, always said I'd never own one but figured I try one just for giggles. Gotta tell ya they do shoot good and they never jam. I got the 10mm and so far I've sent 3 ground hogs to heaven with it. Caughtem out in my garden robbing me, stealing my veggies. Glocks are pretty good..

Come on up and if you get my money I'll buy you dinner at Wendy's!

Yup I guess your right. I've been selling Stihl in northern Virginia for over 20 years now. To date I've had one customer request a full wrap handle saw. That was back in 07. He wanted a heated handle full wrap 441. He's been the only one that's ever requested a full wrap saw. Guess we'll have 2 in Virginia now,LOL

Ok then sir, perhaps I should be talking to you then. What dealership do you work at in NOVA ?

I'm with ya, I wasn't fussing at you. The thing I guess I noticed was the poster using a 290 and then wanting this 461 with the special handle, I'm thinking what, my goodness your using a 290 now, a regular handle 461 would be like dying and going to heaven. I'd love to sell him whatever he wants but what he's wanting is simply hard to get on the east coast for lack of demand. I'm positive he would be more than pleased with the 461 I got sitting on the shelf right now that I most certainly believe has his name engraved in under the air filter cover,LOL

Ok sir, let's do business. Please PM me your info. By the way, Leesburg is not part of NOVA. :)

They didn't fix that stupid problem when they came out with the 461 :wtf:.

I can take the dogs off muh 066 and put them on an 026. But not 046\461, great ingenuity there!
Have thought of that, I will now do it cheers.
Will they (026) also fit a 200t the parts looked close on my bench, but haven't tried and can't for a while

SO, somebody needs to outline what is different between the MS461 and the MS461R please.

I thought that someone already did, a few pages back.

From what I was told, the "R" package includes a high-output oiler, larger clutch cover, and side wrap handle.

As others have said, the R package is a good value.

So, does this have a 1/2 , 3/4, or a full wrap handle?

Seems like if you ask 3 people, you get 3 different answers. :confused:

ms461r.png

My dealer ordered me a 661R. He said he has only ordered one other "R" model in the last 15 years.

I said make it 2 now.

I cut lots of stumps, and that 3/4 is perfect for keeping breathing room so my saw dont overheat. The grinder can take the extra 2-3 inches no problem

Well one of the big well respected Stihl dealers somewhat near me, is telling me that the 'R" model only comes with a 3/4 Wrap handle, nothing else is different than the MS461. They want to order me the Wrap handle, and install it on one of their MS461 saws at the store. I am at a loss now.

Hi....I live in central Pa and have a 461 r.my dealer didnt have one in stock,but had no issue getting me one ordered in and I had it in a few days.There are more differences then just the 3/4 wrap handle that comes on the r model,it also has the high outout oiler,large clutch cover,duel dogs and roller catcher.

Hi....I live in central Pa and have a 461 r.my dealer didnt have one in stock,but had no issue getting me one ordered in and I had it in a few days.There are more differences then just the 3/4 wrap handle that comes on the r model,it also has the high outout oiler,large clutch cover,duel dogs and roller catcher.
The R version is what we all call a west coast version of the saw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Well one of the big well respected Stihl dealers somewhat near me, is telling me that the 'R" model only comes with a 3/4 Wrap handle, nothing else is different than the MS461. They want to order me the Wrap handle, and install it on one of their MS461 saws at the store. I am at a loss now.
Definitely more than just a 3/4 wrap

Dealers on the East Coast just do not seem to handle very many wrap handle saws, just the way it is. Likely cause when you are taking down a tree in a yard, you want to stump it as close to the ground as you can.
Hey hey easy now... I got a 362r, 461r, 660R and 661R in stock.... :dancing:

You have tried your local dealers, now it is time to call or email customer service at Stihl and see what they have to say.

Ok, I just sent a love note to Stihl. I even said to them, I will drive down to VA Beach and go pick one up at the factory door.

I also asked them for an official spec sheet that shows the differences between the MS461 and the MS461R. Lets see what they say.

Ok, I just sent a love note to Stihl. I even said to them, I will drive down to VA Beach and go pick one up at the factory door.

I also asked them for an official spec sheet that shows the differences between the MS461 and the MS461R. Lets see what they say.
Unless you're driving to Germany you won't pick it up at the factory.

Latest posts

Back