MS500i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, it that an electric fuel pump in the tank?

There is no electric fuel pump. The injection pump is a diaphragm pump that is driven by the impulse of the cranckcase (like in a traditional diaphragm carburetor). For the first start the primer bulb has to be pushed at least 8 times to pressurize the system. After a short break (some minutes) it can be restarted without pushing the primer again, because the system stays pressurized for some time.

You can't put a price on being a RockStar, on Arboristsite.

Like Likes? Be the cool kid, get a ms500i.
Just make sure if you're married that your wife does not has an AS account if you buy one & become a "Rockstar"

Unless of course you have separate accounts

Fame has its price. Wife or a bunch of likes on AS. Hmmmmmmm.... If the AS member could also play the harmonica, then the RockStar status here could be leveraged to greater fame world wide. The MS500i Harmonica Man.

Can you imagine? In comparison this dude would look like a Drag Queen.

marlboro-top.jpg

Just make sure if you're married that your wife does not has an AS account if you buy one & become a "Rockstar"

Unless of course you have separate accounts

That dude may or may not be on meth, but he's not the one buying into an 80cc saw playing with a 660. More importantly, the 500 really didn't look all that all that impressive against the 462. Perticularly when you consider the price difference.

That dude may or may not be on meth, but he's not the one buying into an 80cc saw playing with a 660. More importantly, the 500 really didn't look all that all that impressive against the 462. Perticularly when you consider the price difference.
My guess is folks will be a little dissapointed with the 500i mainly after paying 2x the price of other market leading 5cube pro saws. I highly doubt its performance will justify its price. I'm all for new tech & development of saws but these new Stihl prices don't make sense. You'd be furious if the $1500 500i had a few bugs that needed fixing at the dealer while your 7900/461 would start right up & get the job done no matter what. I like the 462 but the 500i can stay on the dealers shelf as far as I'm concerned until its proven its worth and justified its price tag. Also having a NIB Solo 681 and a 681 worksaw, it would be a little embarrassing should the 500i fail to outperform my standard carb decade old out of date clunkers...

Stihl MS 500i is 1499 euro while the MS 462 is 1199 euro here,both with 50cm ES Light.Solo 681 and Makita EA7900P are at 800 euro give or take,almost half the price of the 500i(799€ for Makita and 825€ for Solo).You can price that high when you have the only 80cc fuel injected chainsaw in the market,if Husqvarna (or any other) had an alternative fuel injected chainsaw,MS 500i price would be lower IMO.I would take the Solo-Makita any day over the 500i even if parts for Dolmar chainsaws are rarer than fairies in my country.

My guess is folks will be a little dissapointed with the 500i mainly after paying 2x the price of other market leading 5cube pro saws. I highly doubt its performance will justify its price. I'm all for new tech & development of saws but these new Stihl prices don't make sense. You'd be furious if the $1500 500i had a few bugs that needed fixing at the dealer while your 7900/461 would start right up & get the job done no matter what. I like the 462 but the 500i can stay on the dealers shelf as far as I'm concerned until its proven its worth and justified its price tag. Also having a NIB Solo 681 and a 681 worksaw, it would be a little embarrassing should the 500i fail to outperform my standard carb decade old out of date clunkers...

Cost? Reliability? Durability? Can it cut anything?

Who cares? -> https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/ms500i.329597/#post-6818784

Back