New guy from slovenia with ms500i problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I meant the exhaust side of the inside of the cylinder. Like the first pic of the cylinder but the other side. Also pics of the top of the piston and one of the underside of the crown (if you can get one, it is a hard pic to take) would be useful.

The pistons that I have seen seize from lack of oil have had much more scoring on the exhaust skirt than yours does so I think the cause was not lack of oil or oil failure. It looks like the side of the piston with what appears to be pitting above the upper ring gap area is the intake side? I'm saying that because it has score marks that roughly match the scoring on the intake side of the cylinder, and that side has less dark carbon than other side. The exhaust side of the piston always runs hotter.

Sorry I meant the exhaust side of the inside of the cylinder. Like the first pic of the cylinder but the other side. Also pics of the top of the piston and one of the underside of the crown (if you can get one, it is a hard pic to take) would be useful.

The pistons that I have seen seize from lack of oil have had much more scoring on the exhaust skirt than yours does so I think the cause was not lack of oil or oil failure. It looks like the side of the piston with what appears to be pitting above the upper ring gap area is the intake side? I'm saying that because it has score marks that roughly match the scoring on the intake side of the cylinder, and that side has less dark carbon than other side. The exhaust side of the piston always runs hotter.
No problem 😊 as long as I can help
Hope these pics are better

Attachments

• IMG_20221201_195133.jpg
    IMG_20221201_195133.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221201_195045.jpg
    IMG_20221201_195045.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221201_195033.jpg
    IMG_20221201_195033.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221201_194903.jpg
    IMG_20221201_194903.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221201_194831.jpg
    IMG_20221201_194831.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
in the forest, they pay for the amount / with us, not much / so the sawmill tries to cut as much as possible / not everyone cares about the service / and it is as it is, the saw fails well if not the operator

What oil ratio are you going to use now? :D
Hahaha 1:40
Did you investigate what have killed your saw? An air leak? Usually worn out bearing on clutch side gets enough play.....to eat away a lip on the seal (semmering)....
A combination of a bad bearing and overheating was my guess and my local Stihl dealer confirmed that.

Latest posts

Back