Ms660, Dayuumm What A Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell I got saws 10 years old that have cut 32 million cords of wood that have less marks on them than that saw,hahahaha

Tommie,

father joat is very disappointed that you are bearing a false witness. It's bad enough that this site is littered with heathen Husky owners. But, now my Stihl dealer of high moral fiber has resorted to this.

Shameful,

father joat

Tommie,

father joat is very disappointed that you are bearing a false witness. It's bad enough that this site is littered with heathen Husky owners. But, now my Stihl dealer of high moral fiber has resorted to this.

Shameful,

father joat

Sorry Joat buts its the election season. I figure I would use Holman tactics and Husky tactics to win me a trip Stihl mansion down on Tree Ave,LOL

Sorry Joat buts its the election season. I figure I would use Holman tactics and Husky tactics to win me a trip Stihl mansion down on Tree Ave,LOL

Tommie,

Remember, the road to h_ll is paved by lawyers with political aspirations. I'm trying to save you from an eternal life WITHOUT Elvis, Brylcream and tepid Folgers.

Play above the fray,

father joat

Tom, when are you going to break out the 880?

880, ohhhhh you mean Big John. Hoss and me are gonna get out in the woods one day and play with the big saws. He's setting up some wood cutting up on a farm he goes to. When he gets things set up he and me will pull out the big saws and get some pics..

Tommie,

Remember, the road to h_ll is paved by lawyers with political aspirations. I'm trying to save you from an eternal life WITHOUT Elvis, Brylcream and tepid Folgers.

Play above the fray,

father joat

Sorry Joat, my dream of greatness overshadowed my high moral fiber there for a second. I guess I've been watching too much news of late,LOL

As of now I'm taking the road of Jesus. Instead of trying to lead I will invite everyone to follow, hehehehehe

880, ohhhhh you mean Big John. Hoss and me are gonna get out in the woods one day and play with the big saws. He's setting up some wood cutting up on a farm he goes to. When he gets things set up he and me will pull out the big saws and get some pics..

I saw an 088 with 48" or so bar on it at the flea market one day.:jawdrop: The sheer size of that :censored: beast:chainsawguy: made me glad to have an 066. It might be a great milling saw, but its too big and heavy for cuttin' wood!!!!!:dizzy: I probably thought the same before I bought the 066, LOL!:hmm3grin2orange:

I think there are a few more white oaks that have blown over in those woods, Big John told me to tell Hoss to come on by,hint hint,LOL

Now why in the world would Big John be interested in lil ol me?:popcorn:[/QUOTE]

You gotsa payyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ,LOLOL. I put the new oil vent in and that seemed to solve Big John's bladder problem. Been fine tuning Big John and slowing breaking the ole boy in. He's coming to life finally...

BTW Hoss, Paley came by inquiring if you still wanted that big 066 of his. I told him I'd let ya know. He's finally ready to let it go.....

I saw an 088 with 48" or so bar on it at the flea market one day.:jawdrop: The sheer size of that :censored: beast:chainsawguy: made me glad to have an 066. It might be a great milling saw, but its too big and heavy for cuttin' wood!!!!!:dizzy: I probably thought the same before I bought the 066, LOL!:hmm3grin2orange:

I'm with ya. The 660 is more saw than I need. However the big saws are fun to grab now and then after playing with the 50-60-70 cc class. My little 026 has seen more use than any saw I have...

Had two big white oaks blow over in the woods recently. Today I decided to take one of my two 660's and give it a whirl. I've been stuck in the 361,5100,441,372,460,7900 size saws way too long. Been a long time since I toyed around with a 660 and today I got a pleasant surprize. Burying that 24inch bar in a 30 inch oak with that 660 pulling the chain was awesome. I couldn't help but think just how slow those other saws I mentioned are compared to this saw in big wood bar buried. Brand new saw, new dual port muffler cover, set at 12,600 rpms this saw flat rolls. I had long forgot just how powerfull these saws are.

I write this to bring attention to anyone that has a new MS660 or intends to get one. These saws are shipped from Germany running pretty lean. My saw today was hitting 13,600 on the first start up. Make sure if you get one of these big beauties the dealer checks the rpms and sets it to proper levels.
13,000 is max so set it lower, 12,600 during break in is fine. It will gain some as it loosens up and remain in the safe range.

Now back to your regular show!!

Hey Thall, now go bury one of those puppies w/ a 32" bar & square chain in a Doug Fir...Awesome amount of chips & torque. You'll really be grinnin' :cheers:

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the 880 in action. We don't see any big saws like that in these parts..............

Hey Thall, now go bury one of those puppies w/ a 32" bar & square chain in a Doug Fir...Awesome amount of chips & torque. You'll really be grinnin' :cheers:

Well its been a long time since I went out and ran a 660 in some wood. All the tree guys that come in the shop use the 660. I refreshed my memory as to why the other day in the woods. Sweet saw..

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the 880 in action. We don't see any big saws like that in these parts..............

I'll make a deal with ya Don. You come run that big saw and I'll be happy to take the pics,LOL. They are big and powerfull but they are also heavy and bulky. My 880 is more of a I just wanted one more than anything else. Hoss likes them big saws alot more than me. If they aren't over 100cc he's really not interested in saws at all......

. Hoss likes them big saws alot more than me. If they aren't over 100cc he's really not interested in saws at all......[/QUOTE]

Now wait just a dang minute..... I mean that's just..... why in the world would you say.....I can't believe the slanderous.....of all the.......OK that's completely true, I can't argue with the truth.:greenchainsaw:

I'll make a deal with ya Don. You come run that big saw and I'll be happy to take the pics,LOL. They are big and powerfull but they are also heavy and bulky. My 880 is more of a I just wanted one more than anything else. Hoss likes them big saws alot more than me. If they aren't over 100cc he's really not interested in saws at all......

Sounds like a deal. I'm going to get up that way one day.

Back