MS660 Part Number & Size Identity Beg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
Reaction score
Hi
I can not find the stihl part number for locating pins on this project before i begin. What do they use? I know about M4x20 and M3x25? Does it use one or the other, both, neither, or something else entirely?
Thanks

The 660 uses a different IPL of course and you showed me what I was looking for but the sizes of some I just can not see...anywhere.
I have since found, using the ms660 IPL

1120 162 5200 is a 16 something (diagram #5)
but
1121 162 5205 is ? (diagram 6#)
1121 162 5200 is ? (diagram #7,)

9371 470 2610 shows 2 @ 5x18
0000 974 1200 shows 2 @ 2.6x8

So now I know I need to use 7 pins total, two of #7.

I see now my error in the post title. I got the tag right. yeah! Its a MS660. Sorry.

Yes that is what I am calling them. They are right there in the diagram. Called out by number in that exact position of locating the two half's of the case. Yeah no mistake about what I am talking about. Do you know the sizes. That's what I am asking about. Thanks if you do

lets approach this another way, do you know what the parts are that i am talking about in my post and their sizes? don't say you don't, only say something if you can help identify the parts & sizes. I am thankful you or anyone else is reading the post and pondering answering the question. Your questions feel like you are asking me to teach you about them, rather than read and count.

"Locating pins?"
i thought that was a spot on description for what those pins do, but you had questions

"the ones that align the case halves" ?
...and they continued...

I provided a diagram and the parts numbers showing that was exactly what I was talking about. My daddy always told me a picture is worth a thousand words, i always wondered if he meant to fella's that did not read. (except for bare ladies)

I am wondering what your motives are?

Because then you write "my confusion comes from saying you need 7 of them". well i took my shoes off and counted the pins and i wound up with the 7 toes being used up. regardless of how many I am talking about you are not telling me i am wrong those others are not locating pins they are "other" metal pins that are used to fool people and confuse. You can see things in that picture and they look like pins that help locates the proper position of the two half's of that case,

But thanks for trying, if i get helped you may not be confused anymore....Oh that's what he meant, those 7 darn pins in that picture that those two fella's put up. I get it now. At the 951pm post if you try, take your shoes off and count what's in that post and you will darn near come up with 7. I could not google the parts#s and get sizes or descriptions beyond pins. That's all i got for you. Sorry i was not able to make you understand.

The pins on the bottom/right should be the pins that the chain brake hardware mounts on. They are also on other saws, like an 026. I don't have any junk ms660s around, but have plenty 026s about.

lets approach this another way, do you know what the parts are that i am talking about in my post and their sizes? don't say you don't, only say something if you can help identify the parts & sizes. I am thankful you or anyone else is reading the post and pondering answering the question. Your questions feel like you are asking me to teach you about them, rather than read and count.

"Locating pins?"
i thought that was a spot on description for what those pins do, but you had questions

"the ones that align the case halves" ?
...and they continued...

I provided a diagram and the parts numbers showing that was exactly what I was talking about. My daddy always told me a picture is worth a thousand words, i always wondered if he meant to fella's that did not read. (except for bare ladies)

I am wondering what your motives are?

Because then you write "my confusion comes from saying you need 7 of them". well i took my shoes off and counted the pins and i wound up with the 7 toes being used up. regardless of how many I am talking about you are not telling me i am wrong those others are not locating pins they are "other" metal pins that are used to fool people and confuse. You can see things in that picture and they look like pins that help locates the proper position of the two half's of that case,

But thanks for trying, if i get helped you may not be confused anymore....Oh that's what he meant, those 7 darn pins in that picture that those two fella's put up. I get it now. At the 951pm post if you try, take your shoes off and count what's in that post and you will darn near come up with 7. I could not google the parts#s and get sizes or descriptions beyond pins. That's all i got for you. Sorry i was not able to make you understand.

You know, getting frustrated at folks trying to help isn't a very helpful strategy for actually receiving help.

On the MS660 there are two locating pins for aligning the case halves with each other, there are other locating pins that go into the case for other part sub assemblies but they are not required to align the case halves.

Perhaps if you actually took a step back and told folks what you're specifically trying to do then they might be able to offer guidance based on direct experience and not suppositions spurred by parts diagrams and very little other context.

I don't need to take a step back. What i am asking is simple, can the parts be identified and the sizes disclosed and the diagram is important in communication of what the heck i am talking about.? There is no more that i need to know or disclose... IN THIS CASE.

Apparently you don't know the answer so drama ensures. if you read what I wrote i was thankful and don't need you scolding me for trying to keep it focused on gathering the information rather that keep explaining, on and on something so simple. My instruction, do to answer if you don't know, must not have sat well with you. It's purpose was simply to keep from doing just this..

Well, at this point, even if I knew I wouldn't tell you and I darned sure won't make any attempt to measure anything.

No, not really. I tend not to take on impossible tasks or tilt at windmills. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back