MS660 Project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Waters

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Last week I got a call from a guy wanting to sell me his stihl saw. Turns out it is an MS660 that is three month old. Problem is, a tree fell on it. He only wants $200 AUD (about $130 US) so I figure it is worth a look.

The top plastic covers are cracked, the airfilter is squashed, tank and handle stuffed, but the motor, piston and barrel are perfect. It also came with two 25 inch bars and a new 404 chain. So I bought it.

I cleaned it up, glued up the plastic cases, bought a new filter, couple other bits and pieces like the trigger were broken but the one off my 026 box of bits fit. It just so happened that an Australian ebay auction was about to end for a new MS660 tank and handle. I won it for $75 AUD (about $50 US) and it fit perfectly.

Got it all back together last night and it starts and runs perfectly. One day i might get new plastic covers but there is no hurry.

Regards

Michael.

Score!

I feel pretty happy about my "freebie 066" with stuck rings and 2 x 25" blades. Bought a BB kit landed in AUS for about AUS$200 and got 165 psi on a cold comp test last night. Started on 5th pull! Needs a bit of cosmetic care but sounds like it's pulling strongly.

Latest posts

Back