MS660 stock to big bore conversion...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This vid is the Snellerized 660 with 25'' bar in Stringybark,note the sap pockets running out,at the end is a bit of the Works Connection Tach.

[video=youtube;Ums0wyb8eOE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ums0wyb8eOE[/video]

This vid is the Snellerized 660 with 25'' bar in Stringybark,note the sap pockets running out,at the end is a bit of the Works Connection Tach.

[video=youtube;Ums0wyb8eOE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ums0wyb8eOE[/video]

you bugger i thought i was gunna get a Snellerized 460 but after that it's a Snellerized 660 dont ceare how heavy it is :rock:

If your missus sounds as good as this when she's angry Andrew I wanna marry her :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xY6DRhr9e_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey Matt !!

I just saw your "you tube" vid while stumpin that red cedar. I can't believe you still havent figured out how to sharpen a chain proper. I see no chips and all red cedar dust. you must be some part time hack who loves to post his "victories"....

You should come state side and see some "real" hard wood....like silver maple and old growth NJ pine !! :msp_wink:

Sorry buddy just tryin to get a rise out of ya !!!:hmm3grin2orange:

I was surprised to hear your post about the yahoo member. You almost sounded upset. Never heard that in you before. That beautiful country of yours makes you guys too peaceful. Come spend a week driving in midtown NYC and paying the new tolls, that should get your game face on !!!!

nice job on the BB set up. Is that the one you are getting imported from The Chicoms? or the Baileys BB kit( imported from the CHicoms) hehe.

Had a local customer come in on Sunday who bought a BB 660 kit off me. He bought an MS650 and MS660 off of eBay for $900. You'd normally think it was a good deal but alas. The 660 had apparently a "new" top end on it by a Stihl dealer - it did look fine but the saw wouldn't run properly. It has an air leak somewhere and everything to the crankcase was checked. I think it's done either crank seals or a crankcase gasket in. Anyway I didn't have time to fix it so told him to see a Stihl dealer. I haven't got time at the moment to do jobs like that. I then had a look at the MS650 which was "running fine" according to the eBay seller - it had a stripped plughole. Anyway when I cracked the muffler open and got a handful of busted piston and rings out of the muffler I think he realised he'd been ripped. By the end of it I managed to get one good running saw out of both so not a complete failure but did end up taking 5 hours instead of about 90 minutes. His mate came along and also brought an 029 Super and a Dolmar PS9000 for me to check/fix. He swore the 9000 was over 100cc but I had to educate him a bit - he seemed let down by the news :) The little 029 was a good runner but this guy has no idea of saw maintenance. Fins completely blocked by the intake. Gave her a clean and all good. The PS9000 had a split fuel line so will order one off Kyle over the next few days.
His BB kitted MS650 ran really well too for the few minutes I ran it - it seemed to like hanging around that 12,900rpm like Andrew's saw and pulled nicely.

Hey Matt !!

I just saw your "you tube" vid while stumpin that red cedar. I can't believe you still havent figured out how to sharpen a chain proper. I see no chips and all red cedar dust. you must be some part time hack who loves to post his "victories"....

You should come state side and see some "real" hard wood....like silver maple and old growth NJ pine !! :msp_wink:

Sorry buddy just tryin to get a rise out of ya !!!:hmm3grin2orange:

I really do need to learn how to stop making dust :D

I was surprised to hear your post about the yahoo member. You almost sounded upset. Never heard that in you before. That beautiful country of yours makes you guys too peaceful. Come spend a week driving in midtown NYC and paying the new tolls, that should get your game face on !!!!

Yeah I rarely fire up but some people just know how to push the right (or wrong) buttons. Very few people have that ability but that Youtube know-it-all had a button pushing ability like few others :) He's one of those guys that although I've never met him face to face I'd walk right up given the chance and crack him one. He started off on the wrong foot, I'd send him a message to explain, then he'd send something back like a smart arse etc etc. I gave him about 4 chances but he kept carrying on like a dic*head so in the end I blocked him. Funniest thing was that when I told him I was going to block him he went right off and his previously excellent grammar and spelling just went to the dogs. You can never win an online argument against a moron like that and he obviously had a lot more time to argue than I had.

nice job on the BB set up. Is that the one you are getting imported from The Chicoms? or the Baileys BB kit( imported from the CHicoms) hehe.

These ones were fom China mate. There are few manufacturers, some better than others. An earlier supplier had the older generation kits with the free porting exhausts. The current supplier's kits are very nicely finished.

Hey, just wanted to put a good word in for the aforementioned company that sells those little Tachs. I ordered mine about 3 days ago or when I posted that I did, and I got them in the mail today. Thats fast.
Proof:
IMG_20110926_131835.jpg

Sam

Hey, just wanted to put a good word in for the aforementioned company that sells those little Tachs. I ordered mine about 3 days ago or when I posted that I did, and I got them in the mail today. Thats fast.
Proof:
IMG_20110926_131835.jpg

Sam

lucky bugger i'm still waiting for mine but i'm in au so early next week i hope

This is the type of work where 660s rule blocking Stringybark all day.i have done about 18 ton in the last 4 days and it does this sort thing easly.It runs a 25'' bar and in this vid a Stihl RSC chain and a 8 pin sprocket.
I will get the 660 with the BB kit back from Matt at the end of the week so will see how that goes,get afew tanks of fuel through her and do a vid.
Sorry Matt i think i have put to much input in your thread.

[video=youtube;ElTegPoViFA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElTegPoViFA[/video]

I tell yas what you guys send down one of your best 390XPs and i will tell yas if its any good,and if its any good i will tell yas it was crap and send it back.:msp_unsure:
I cant be any fairer than that can i.

Any way my 660 has been hanging around in the same shed as them Huskys theres no telling what it will come back with ?.
Im going to have to pull it apart and fumigate it,poor thing it will be mentaly scared for life,or and its been run with out an orange bar the shame of it all,what are the others going to think.:msp_ohmy:

Any way my 660 has been hanging around in the same shed as them Huskys theres no telling what it will come back with ?.
Im going to have to pull it apart and fumigate it,poor thing it will be mentaly scared for life,or and its been run with out an orange bar the shame of it all,what are the others going to think.:msp_ohmy:

Oh and I forgot to tell you your 660 got ported while it was here. The 3120 got to it one balmy evening. Unfortunately a bit of Barry White came over the radio...

Oh and I forgot to tell you your 660 got ported while it was here. The 3120 got to it one balmy evening. Unfortunately a bit of Barry White came over the radio...

Ooh baby........

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NpPQBL7PNhs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:laugh:

Got my 660 back from Matt who very nicely put a BB kit in it for me to play with,he allso cut the end off the dual port muff baffle inside.
Had a bit of time today and gave it a run in some pine logs i have laying around for such things,the first thing i notice it sounds way differant than it did when it was a stocky,had a 25'' and 8 pin with a semi chisel chain on it and ya it cuts fine even for being all new.Muched around put about half a tank through it,holds rpm in the cut pretty well and all is good so far,but i dont like the sound of it.
Pulled the dual port (ozzy model) muff off and had a bit of a look,then had an idear pulled the muff off the snellerized 660 (US muff) with larger original port and extra port and put in on the BB kit 660 and run it agian now it sounds the way it used to.Must have something to do with the port on the front and cutting off the end of the baffle.So i have cut all of the baffle out and will see how that goes.
While i had the muffs off i measured the exhuarst port sizes on the three cylinders.

Stock 31mm x 19.7mm
BB kit 32mm x 21mm
Snellerized 32mm x 21mm

I will get some more fuel through the BB kit 660 then do some vids with the same chain,bar and wood as used before kit and see whats going on.
Thanks again Matt :D

Latest posts

Back