MSE220 bar stud loose

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B_Turner

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
From the time I first got it, the bar holding stud on my MSE 220 was loose enough that the whole assemply screwed out instead of just the bar nut. I tightened it back in and it worked for quite a while, but today it's decided to start screwing out along with the bar nut again.

Any tips on a sano fix to get the stud to stay in? Clean it up and some sort of loctite? I don't want to do anything stupid I'll regret later, so maybe the weakest of the loctites (can't remember which one that is).

My only real complaint of this saw is that it has only a single bar nut, which is strange given it is built like a tank including two steel dogs.

Blue,,,

I think the # is 242 just make sure it is blue liquid,,,,

it comes in a red tube,,,, not positive about the # as it's in the top of the tool box @ work,,,,:cheers: clean both surfaces of oil, apply thread locker and install, let it dry good after you tighten it,,If all else fails,,,, follow the instructions !!!!!

Last edited:
You need 242 (blue). Throughly degrease the stud AND casing first. Check your stud and nut threads - if it's coming out it's not in tight enough or the threads are damaged. Use a cam-lock stud socket to put it in, and a torque wrench... or bring it out to me.

You need 242 (blue). Throughly degrease the stud AND casing first. Check your stud and nut threads - if it's coming out it's not in tight enough or the threads are damaged. Use a cam-lock stud socket to put it in, and a torque wrench... or bring it out to me.

I should come out and bring my 220 and my 5100 to have you trim the lower stop on the high speed screw.

It would be an excuse to see how your flowers and such are doing. It's been a few months since I was out there. I love that place....

Yup... Andy and his gal have a nice place. Very peaceful sittin' on the dock and drinkin' a few beers.:cheers:

Gary

Sure do.

But his seemingly limitless energy he's put into that place and grounds always makes me feel like a lazy bum. I'm not sure how he manages to get so much done. Maybe he doesn't sleep....

sleep is for wimps:chainsawguy: :chainsawguy: :chainsawguy:
You haven't seen my my new concrete pad... and the projects that are spreading across it...

attachment.php

That's my dad working away on my pos lathe..

attachment.php

Some cedar boards just milled for another project....

I understand!!!!!

I should come out and bring my 220 and my 5100 to have you trim the lower stop on the high speed screw.

It would be an excuse to see how your flowers and such are doing. It's been a few months since I was out there. I love that place....

Yep,,,, I did fall in love with tha place while I was there,,,,,,:heart:

attachment.php

Here ya go!!!!:laugh:

attachment.php

"It was just getting started" Andy told me whilst I was there on Holiday!!!

I can only Imagine?????:D :D :D

You would be amazed!!!!!

Sure do.

But his seemingly limitless energy he's put into that place and grounds always makes me feel like a lazy bum. I'm not sure how he manages to get so much done. Maybe he doesn't sleep....

@ what you can do when your are retired before you are 50!!!!!!!

Besides,,, He & Cindi have been working @ that place for nearly Twenty years,,,

And it shows,,, It's really beautiful there!!!!!

@ what you can do when your are retired before you are 50!!!!!!!

Besides,,, He & Cindi have been working @ that place for nearly Twenty years,,,

And it shows,,, It's really beautiful there!!!!!

SEMI -retired.., actually, like vcr - on pause...

and most of the work was done way before 50.. while I was working 60-70 hours a week! Hmm mthere's that sleep thing again.. ;)

Last edited:
Back