MSq441 Wow!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally gave my 441 a real run. All it had done so far was fall two willow trees over 32" dbh. Today I had a butt log 25' long (actual measure from the bucked rounds 19 16" inchers) Started at just over 24" wound up at just over 32". That 441 fired right up and gave be a real workout just shifting from cut to cut, hardly breathing time during the cuts. Rooster tails burying my leg. Wish someone had been there to get some pictures.

To finish todayi's work I had to chop several rounds off an old log that was way over the 32" bar length. I needed room to get the truck past it. Those rounds were so big all I could do was flop them flat and noodle flatways to get them down to a size I could handle.

I shoulda taken everyone's advice back about 10 years ago when I bought the 361.

Harry K

I just bought my 441 from a member on this site earlier this year to give my MS290 a larger friend to take some of the load off of it. Needless to say I reach for the 441 80% of the time now even on the smaller stuff just so I can rip through it and be done with it. The 441 is going to be my go to saw for a long time and eventually will wear a 30"+ bar to handle the larger stuff tree services drop off at the house.

Since this is the Trading Post it must be for sale, right?
View attachment 420624
How this ended up posted here............?

Good question. I got an "alert" that it had been moved but no clue as to why or where. I expected to find it in the chainsaw forum.

More use of it today to fall a good size tree (24" dbh). My 361 will be reassigned to a 20" bar and the 441 will normally wear a 24" with 28 and 32" bars along if needed. Leaves the 310 sorta hanging out. That 310 is still singing strong after all these years of doing 10-12 cord/yr For sure it doesn't owe me anything.

Harry K

Good question. I got an "alert" that it had been moved but no clue as to why or where. I expected to find it in the chainsaw forum.

More use of it today to fall a good size tree (24" dbh). My 361 will be reassigned to a 20" bar and the 441 will normally wear a 24" with 28 and 32" bars along if needed. Leaves the 310 sorta hanging out. That 310 is still singing strong after all these years of doing 10-12 cord/yr For sure it doesn't owe me anything.

Harry K
That's the end result of having a mod with a low IQ. I'm glad to see you're enjoying you new saw, especially after your first post on it.

Since this is the Trading Post it must be for sale, right?
View attachment 420624
How this ended up posted here............?

To answer your question Jon, this site has not been running very well the last couple of days, posts and actions just get hung up or time out. Pages don`t load or just go blank. After I set this thread to transfer to the chainsaw forum it just timed out and went blank. This is the first time I could find it again today, the site has either been down or still running too slow to perform any Mod duties on until now.

To answer your question Jon, this site has not been running very well the last couple of days, posts and actions just get hung up or time out. Pages don`t load or just go blank. After I set this thread to transfer to the chainsaw forum it just timed out and went blank. This is the first time I could find it again today, the site has either been down or still running too slow to perform any Mod duties on until now.

Thanks, Jerry. I figured the molasses speed of the site had something to do with it not being moved previously.

However, I suppose the more intriguing question would be, "why was it ever posted in the Trading Post, if it wasn't for sale?"

Thanks, Jerry. I figured the molasses speed of the site had something to do with it not being moved previously.

However, I suppose the more intriguing question would be, "why was it ever posted in the Trading Post, if it wasn't for sale?"
I really can`t figure out how things get posted where they do, not sure if its this site where it is running so slow or if the person posting makes a mistake when making a new post to start a thread. As us mods go we get to move a fair number of threads lately, if the site is working up to snuff it is not a big problem. I just hope the web masters can get the servers up to speed again, that will take many hours of work tonight. This site will soon come to a crawl or go off access again tonight.

Harry K
I love my 441rcm too. With a 28" ES lite bar there is no need for a 25!

Latest posts

Back