Mud Dobbers! first for me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyb13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
In a previous thread I told everyone I bought a 028 and a Mac at a "junk" store. Well I fooled with the 028 for two days, rebuilt carb, checked compression, put electronic ignition module on it. impulse hose, carb boot, and it would still run about 3 seconds. I pulled the muffler off for the third time when I noticed a little dirt fall out of it. Mud dobbers had stopped the flange or lip up, packed solid with mud and I had not saw it. Cleaned it out and drilled 4 1/4 inch holes in it and that sucker fired the third pull and runs like new. Now ant that a slap in the mouth. Also I found the owner of the 028 I found in the ditch. Young man with two kids and one on the way. He had put it on top of a load of wood he had cut, and lost it on the way home. He thought someone had stolen it. He identified it over the phone perfectly and I was glad to see him get it back.

Good for you on both accounts! I always like to see lost property returned to the rightful owner. I found a newly mixed five gallon can of fuel on the side of the road one day. I knew it had fallen off a truck, it was upside down and leaking fuel. Couldn't find the owner so I used it in my lawnmower. Thanks for the update.

bobbyb13 said:
Also I found the owner of the 028 I found in the ditch. Young man with two kids and one on the way. He had put it on top of a load of wood he had cut, and lost it on the way home. He thought someone had stolen it. He identified it over the phone perfectly and I was glad to see him get it back.

Very good indeed! Glad to hear there are still honest people like yourself on this earth!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Gary

And I need to apoligize for one thing I omitted. Thanks to all you guys for your knowledge, help, and just being good people in general. I owe you.

Glad you could re-unite the guy with his saw. I see pickups and flatbeds all the time around here with firewood piled high, and I'd say about 98% of them have their saw(s) sitting up on top of the wood, hauling tail down the highway. I don't mean wedged down in some chunks of wood, either, sitting up on top, often rocking back and forth a bit as the truck rumbles along. Brilliant.

bobbyb13 said:
In a previous thread I told everyone I bought a 028 and a Mac at a "junk" store. Well I fooled with the 028 for two days, rebuilt carb, checked compression, put electronic ignition module on it. impulse hose, carb boot, and it would still run about 3 seconds. I pulled the muffler off for the third time when I noticed a little dirt fall out of it. Mud dobbers had stopped the flange or lip up, packed solid with mud and I had not saw it. Cleaned it out and drilled 4 1/4 inch holes in it and that sucker fired the third pull and runs like new. Now ant that a slap in the mouth. Also I found the owner of the 028 I found in the ditch. Young man with two kids and one on the way. He had put it on top of a load of wood he had cut, and lost it on the way home. He thought someone had stolen it. He identified it over the phone perfectly and I was glad to see him get it back.

WELL DONE MATE!!!! always nice to hear of re-united property & owner!!!

:rock: :cheers: :rock: :cheers: :rock: :cheers: :rock:

The young man who's saw I found. His wife and he brought me a fresh baked Applesauce cake, Did I say it was still warm? I have died and gone to hog heaven, Lordy is this good with a cold glass of milk. Did I say it was still warm?

hats off to you for doing the right thing,it is great you found the owner.
I had a john deere crawler that one day wouldn't run right,it would start and idle but no power,worked on it for 3hours before I found the problem.
mud wasp built it's casing right on the governor linkage,jammed the tractor on idle,they find the funniest places to build.

Excellent! You deserve every bite of that cake, ummmm, mouths watering all the way up here just thinking 'bout it. Maybe I'll be so lucky to find someone's saw tomorrow.:cheers: A bunch of years back when I was climbing for a living we lost a new 028 with the drill attachment for tree cabling because a groundie wasn't paying attention and left the tool cabinet on the bucket truck undone. The Super. wasn't too pleased losing an expensive tool with less than three tanks of gas through it, and no, no one turned that baby in. It's nice to hear stories with happy endings like this, I'm sure he was the type that could ill afford to lose his saw.

Good find on them darn dobbers. Those things are the biggest PITA, it's amazing where they'll build. Tried to drain a radiator once, couldn't for the life of me figure out why nothing was coming out.......:angry2: till I looked a little closer at the drain valve.

Latest posts

Back