Muffler mod.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parrisw

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Just doing a muffler mod on the 395.

Started out with .060 tubing, bored it out to .030 wall thickness, I just don't like the look of thick tubing on muffler mods.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Very nice Will. Going to close up the stock opening?

I am wondering if the mod will set the bark on fire. Sure looks good though!

gonna use that new tig welder? looking good though
i agree about the thicker walled pipe....much better looking thinned up

wow, looks great man! i agree about using thin wall for a MM looks MUCH better. btw, those things are huge! ya gotta give us a vid so we can hear that monster. did i just call a husky a monster?

Welded in?

Mr. HE:cool:

Yes they will be welded in.

Very nice Will. Going to close up the stock opening?

I am wondering if the mod will set the bark on fire. Sure looks good though!

yes the stock opening is closed up, I've had a few saws like this and never had a problem with fires. The guy this saw is going to wanted the muffler this way.

gonna use that new tig welder? looking good though
i agree about the thicker walled pipe....much better looking thinned up

Thanks! Yes will be using the new TIG, I welded up the stock opening with it, worked ok, I need more practice at it that's for sure.

Nice work! Looking forward to seeing some nice welding!

Is this a two cylinder now? :spam:

Thanks. I'll try my best with the new welder. 2 cylinder no, but that would be cool.

Wil, those tubes are awsome! Wish I had a lathe alot of times as I don't like the thick tubes either.

I have been making some tubes out of sheet metal and welding the seams but it is time consuming and a PITA.

I have a tig rig as well but never took the time to master it, but its on my to do list.

Wil, those tubes are awsome! Wish I had a lathe alot of times as I don't like the thick tubes either.

I have been making some tubes out of sheet metal and welding the seams but it is time consuming and a PITA.

I have a tig rig as well but never took the time to master it, but its on my to do list.

another idea when wanting a thin walled tube is to use electrical conduit also has pretty good sellection of sizes and its cheap

Man I tell ya, this Tig is not the easiest thing to do. Being that this is my first try, its ok I guess, I need some scrap to practice on. Just as you get a good bead going, ya screw something up, I had to keep stopping and sharpening the tungsten.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks! But they are not so awesome anymore after I had my way with them on the Tig.

Will, you're using way too much rod. push the puddle with your heat and don't add so much filler. If you have tight seams you should be able to tig with no filler rod (not that you need or want to for this though). Another trick, assuming you are running shielding gas is to put a T in your gas line and pump the inside of the muffler full of Argon too.

lookin great.I like the look of 2 out the front.I also like the exhaust not blowing all over the saw.
My 660,031, and several of my olympyks were out the front and I've never had a fire issue.

Latest posts

Back