• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Muffler Modded MS-361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErikS

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well as much as I hate to do this, it's time to move on to other projects, so here she is.

A wonderfully maintained MS-361. Recent replacements include fuel hose and filter, crank seals, rim sprocket and bearing, plug, air filter, and replaced the OEM Zama carburetor with a Tillotson unit (no limiter caps, GREAT carb)

The small welds on the face of the muffler are to patch very small holes from removing the internal baffle. Muffler mod is a 1/2" hole underneath a Husky 266 deflector with a spark screen and as stated, muffler is completely gutted. Boy did it ever wake up this saw!20160731_095849.jpg 20160731_095908.jpg 20160731_095917.jpg

This machine needs nothing but fuel and a loving operator.

$350 + Shipping, PHO. Any questions or other photos needed, please ask.

Let me go test that now and i'll post a photo :) i know its damn strong.

But let me be clear... Im at 6500 ft above sea level. So while actual compression doesn't change, static compression as displayed on a gauge does. We lose approx 3% for every 1000ft we go up in elevation.

Gauge reads about 133psi. So adjusted for 6500ft ASL is as follows

133psi x 1.195 (19.5% increase for a sea level reading)

Sea level math comes to 158.9psi

Attachments

• 1469983329547-249537559.jpg
    1469983329547-249537559.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 27
Of course. PayPal is the only payment I accept, and friends and family vs standard payment I don't care, but buyer needs to add 3% if it's sent as a standard payment rather than friends & family to cover PayPal's transfer fee. Also, i ship with full insurance, and provide tracking as soon as she's on the way.

Powerhead received, quick shipping and as promised its a BEAST very happy! Thanks and I will keep an eye out for future postings.

Glad to see its already sold they're great saws. On an unrelated note, do you like the new lightweight bars ?

Love em. The ES Light is all i run in the longer lengths (two MS-440s with 28" ES Light bars) but i honestly don't know that the 20" I had on the 361 was worth it. It's just not long enough to save a ton of weight. It weighed about the same as a regular Rollomatic E bar (the spot welded 3-piece ones).

Love em. The ES Light is all i run in the longer lengths (two MS-440s with 28" ES Light bars) but i honestly don't know that the 20" I had on the 361 was worth it. It's just not long enough to save a ton of weight. It weighed about the same as a regular Rollomatic E bar (the spot welded 3-piece ones).

That's what I was thinking not enough of a bar to make a big difference on a20". I run an ES 20" on my 361 I think that's about as much bar as its comfortable with.

Had I known Stihl switched to making the lights down to 20" I would have tried a 24", not that I'm unhappy with the Sugi I ended up with I feel there's a difference on an 066 vs an ES.

Do you me asking what youpaidforyour bar ?

I pay dealer cost :/

Retail on one I believe is $109.95

Dont get me wrong. An ES Light 20 is quite a bit lighter than a standard ES... but its not much lighter than an E bar.

Latest posts

Back