Multiple employees who know how to climb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I climb by my self a lot too. It's peaceful sometimes. On big trees I like working with several climbers or It can get overwhelming. I'v only had one instance where I thought I needed to rescue some one. In a big Deador cedar I thought another climber was having a heart attack. No one spoke English and my Spanish is just so so. He looked like he was in great pain. I climbed to him and tryed to get an eight plate on him to get him down, He couldn't communicate with me or I him . I couldn't get him to cooperate with me. In the end I found out he was cramping up real bad was all. If it had been a real emergency someone probably would of died.
I'v never had any formal tree ruscue training, but I like to think I could get some one down in a pinch.

Does everyone have at least one other person who can climb a tree in case something happens? Ran into a guy pruning trees about 40-50 feet up without a ground crew. I was curious if others do this.

Multi-climber crew....that's how it was meant to be done. I drown in work, stress, and fatigue without 'em. I started working with a few extra climbers recently. I found out that working on the ground directing and setting up rig lines etc to keep the pace of production up is absolutely a work load! But the difference in production is more than worth it. And if someone was the "don't like work type," pay climbers $30 an hour to do everything without a director.

Latest posts

Back