Must haves in a bucket truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swyman, Contacted the seller, it was already sold. He did say he had some issues with the TECO lift. His new lift is a Hi-Ranger. Thanks again for giving me the heads up on that unit though. I will keep looking.

Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner. No issues with my lift but doesn't matter now anyway. You know I ran into the same issues as you. Seems like everything I called on was sold and I made a lot of calls. It was really frustrating. I to have seen that Altec has a bunch of 60'-65'WH booms out there. That would be the cats azz! Like I said I was mainly looking for a Hi-Ranger only because a guy that helps me was in this business 20 years and had 2 different Hi-Rangers and never had any trouble. I think if you try to stick with the major companies you will be fine or run across a deal on a oddball like me and get lucky. Will keep looking
He didn't mention what issues he had did he?

High ranger and Altec are they way to go .Aerial lift of Conn is a good strong unit but getting harder to service they are out of business.

Checked into aerial lift of Conn. While they seem to be good lifts, since they were bought out by Altec, Altec said they will only carry parts 15 years out. A 2000 lift will only have parts available till 2015. A lift mechanic I spoke with here also recommended High ranger and Altec. Thanks for the direction, I am going to keep watching for the right unit. With all of your help at least I know what to look for.... thanks again

Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner. No issues with my lift but doesn't matter now anyway. You know I ran into the same issues as you. Seems like everything I called on was sold and I made a lot of calls. It was really frustrating. I to have seen that Altec has a bunch of 60'-65'WH booms out there. That would be the cats azz! Like I said I was mainly looking for a Hi-Ranger only because a guy that helps me was in this business 20 years and had 2 different Hi-Rangers and never had any trouble. I think if you try to stick with the major companies you will be fine or run across a deal on a oddball like me and get lucky. Will keep looking
He didn't mention what issues he had did he?

He just said he had to spend 15K on it to get it working right. He bought a 2011 Ford 750 with an Altec. (that would be nice) I am going to check other sources closer to home and see what I find. Thanks again for all the info and sending me the link to this truck.

Any thoughts out there about the Altec LR355 lift? Found a good solid truck, just not sure about the whole cable system. I will have them all replaced and updated either way.

Back