My 028 is alive once more

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxeye

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Only took an hour or so to get it running, but don't tell the wife or she would not have allowed me to buy that new 270. I ran both the 028 and 270 side byt side and the 270 vibrates a lot less overall, and both had same kind of chain installed. The 028 was pulling a 20 inch bar and the 270 a 16 incher. The 028 Super is like new and was hardly even used when I inherited it, and it was always a bugger bear to start and keep running......

I put a new carb kit in it, replaced impulse and fuel line and filter, and tank vent, and it now runs like a champ. 2 tank of fuel in it and not a problem. I still need to find the rubber block to seal off the carb adjust screws, as the one on the saw is deteriorated and squeezed out of shape and just plain hard from age. I need to spring for a new short circuit astop switch assembly as that bent up piece of sheetmetal Stihl uses is bent all to heck and back and leaves a lot to be desired. No amount of tweaking makes it right. I can get it to shut off good then it will not allow it to start or its so easy to flip to off for lack of tension on it. I think that along with the carb and the insulation on the wires to and from the shutoff switch was the problems.

I sure can not tell much differrence betweenthe 028 Super and the 270.....not could I tell much difference between the 270 and 280 saws either, except for vibrations............

Back