my 14year old got his first saw, 395XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in midlife and just started working on saws three months ago. I'm way behind these kids...:hmm3grin2orange:

I think that's awesome!!! I'm only sixteen and have been wanting to have a saw that big for a LONG time and finally got a 288 project saw that's far from complete but i buy parts for it everytime I get extra money... This is gonna take a while LOL

What are you needing for your 288? I have a few things I can donate.

he must be bigger than i was at 14. more power to him. my first saw was a stihl 011avt. i graduated to a husq 268 and then a stihl 064 with a bow bar. why the crap didn't they put a decomp valve on the 064?!?!?!?

What are you needing for your 288? I have a few things I can donate.

That'd be awesome!!! iv'e got a crankcase, crank, flywheel and oil pump. So pretty much every other part, I was hoping to maybe find another saw off of fleabay to rob some parts from if I ever find one on there there that doesn't cost a arm and a leg LOL any parts would help... A lot :)

Last edited:
Cool for a first saw! I had to start with an electric, then a Poulan XXV ...
Nice video too.
Next? First chaps?, First safety boots?, First helmet? .... Just saying...

Cool for a first saw! I had to start with an electric, then a Poulan XXV ...
Nice video too.
Next? First chaps?, First safety boots?, First helmet? .... Just saying...

Yes, Safty gear is a must and on the way, chaps first, before we go to work in the woods.

Cary

Latest posts

Back