My 3 saw score tonight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look up Dolmar 309 or Makita DPC 7001. That is a stock air filter system. I have two in the shop. Even a drunk fool on crack would not pay $1500 for that saw. In 100% running condition, good diamond blade, and looking good it is a $400-$500 machine tops.

Ah ok thanks Saw Dr i thought he was trying to blow smoke. but after i get it looking good i'll see what i can get out of it.because i really don't need a saw like this yet :laugh:

At one point I had an 041 carburetor. I may still have it. Interested?

i would but i got a fellow on here that i think has got me coverd but i could always need a spare carb for it though. but right now my main consern is getting it cleaned up good.

The chop saw, cleaned up and in decent running order with the composite blade on it would bring about $300-$350 around here.

A Stihl TS420 new is $900 or so new. Makita saws new are a similar price. There are quite a few brands of chop saws out there but not very many companies actually make them. Most are rebranded. I have a Multiquip saw but it was made by someone else that I don't recall. It may be a Dolmar or Partner.

The chop saw, cleaned up and in decent running order with the composite blade on it would bring about $300-$350 around here.

A Stihl TS420 new is $900 or so new. Makita saws new are a similar price. There are quite a few brands of chop saws out there but not very many companies actually make them. Most are rebranded. I have a Multiquip saw but it was made by someone else that I don't recall. It may be a Dolmar or Partner.

Ah i see maybe i can push it a little and see what i can get out of it when i get it cleaned up.i might try e-bay again and see what it bring there. But i'll let the AS members get a chance at it first

Last edited:
Okay here are some before and after pictures of the 041 FB.i got bored as heck last night and decided to start the clean on it.it looked like the worst one of the 3.but thats enough yacking about how dirty it was.

Here's the before pictures of it.

WackerChopSawhomeliteXL12stihl041farmboss002.jpg

WackerChopSawhomeliteXL12stihl041farmboss003.jpg

And now here is the after pictures of it cleaned. And i mean i cleaned everything i could get too i let it soak for about 2 hours in some good degreaser.and then used a good stiff paint brush to get the stuburn stuff loose.

stihl041farmbossaftercleaning001.jpg

stihl041farmbossaftercleaning004.jpg

stihl041farmbossaftercleaning003.jpg

and now here is it almost put back to geather again

stihl041farmbossaftercleaning006.jpg

stihl041farmbossaftercleaning005.jpg

yeap and i'm working on that now with a fellow member on here. he's got everything i need to get it running.

The cut off saw is a Dolmar 309 I currently have one sitting in my garage in need of a set of rings. I have rebuilt many of them and they are probably the most bullet proof saw that I have ever had. They also weigh a ton so not really comparable to the newer stuff.

The cut off saw is a Dolmar 309 I currently have one sitting in my garage in need of a set of rings. I have rebuilt many of them and they are probably the most bullet proof saw that I have ever had. They also weigh a ton so not really comparable to the newer stuff.

Ah Okay thanks Simon i kow it does weigh like a ton of bricks.but it runs and cut like a new one i still have to tune the carb on it.but i can't find anything i could need it for around the house.but i might find something to do with it.

okay here is the homelite super xl before i cleaned it.

WackerChopSawhomeliteXL12stihl041farmboss006.jpg

WackerChopSawhomeliteXL12stihl041farmboss005.jpg

WackerChopSawhomeliteXL12stihl041farmboss004.jpg

WackerChopSawhomeliteXL12stihl041farmboss018.jpg

WackerChopSawhomeliteXL12stihl041farmboss016.jpg

and these pictures is after i got done cleaning but i still couldn't get everything off of it.but it's cleaner than it was when i got it.and it runs i just have to find a clutch cover and a chain for it.

homeliteaftercleaning002.jpg

homeliteaftercleaning001.jpg

Did you use the Pots & Pans Button on your Dishwasher to get them that clean..

Latest posts

Back