My adventures with free wood.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

English Oak

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm quite new to milling and stuff but I thought I'd post some of my pictures of my adventures with free wood. The university close to where I live, was building a new arts centre and had cut down a whole heap of trees. Sadly most were burnt, but I did manage to save some.I got them for free but I did have to pay a about £100 to get them moved. There were a few small ash's and London Plane"s, a large part rotten walnut, a really old English oak and a massive beach, which was very spalted.

Anyway to cut a very long story short, I got in touch with my friend Ian who owns a wood mizer band saw mill and here are some of the picture of us cutting it up. I was going to cut it with my small csm, but I think this would have taken too much time.
Enjoy
Tom

Last edited:
Cool pics. English Oak. Whatcha gonna do with all that wood?

Well i'm a Design student at the moment, so when it dries some furniture maybe, something like these. I fancy doing some larger things but my work shop is only 12' by 10' so i'm a little limted for space.

More pictures on the way tomorrow, how do you get the pictures to be on the screen without there being a link??

Tom

It's okay to have the link. After you upload, right click on the link, left click on properties, copy the link, left click on the landscape picture in the tools bar at the top of the reply page, copy message over hilighted area and repeat.

Nice pictures.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back