my beast of a splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Going to change things this year. It worked ok last year. This year I was noticing a bit more "whine" coming from the machine than normal.
The only thing that made any sense was the pump is having issues.

The supply from the tank used to do a 6 foot loop around the machine to get to the tank. Things like that can't be good. It worked with the diesel running slower. I had changed the engine a year ago to this 2 cylinder monster. That sped things up a bunch! however... probably wrecked the pump in the process.

So... the tank was small, get a NEW one. Made plans to run the supply UNDER the beam to get to the pump. THat makes a nice shorter run.
Pump was probably wrecked, ordered the NEW one, this time with a larger intake fitting. It's only money it grows on trees...

As predicted, when I drained it, I poured the old oil into the oil barrel and noticed shiny stuff. Metal particles!!! :(

Pluggers build their own pump mounts... it really isn't that hard to do

The briggs runs nice, but has a appetite for fuel.IMG_0349.jpgIMG_0350.jpgIMG_0351.jpg

All is well, that ends well.
I got it all back together this afternoon.
All totaled... I think I spent about 900 clams (money grows on trees?)

IT runs, nice and quietly now. That old pump must have been dying for awhile. It runs faster and smoother.
I knew something was different... engine idling, and I am driving it to the pile of blocks, and we are moving faster!!

Now, to get back to work...!

Back