My chip truck fuel tank got dented!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frans

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I found this little surprise waiting for me last week. Looks like I'll be doing some equipment maintenance this weekend
Frans

I had one like that on my one ton.  It only held a little over 20 gallons instead of 22.  If it doesn't leak, why change it if you can abide the smaller capacity?

Glen

:laugh: Glen, you crack me up. For some reason, I can imagine you having a thorough knowledge of the fuel capacities of your vehicles. :D

But if it isn't leaking, seems ok to leave alone. BTW, we had a gas tank fall off a truck this summer, so make sure it's attachment is still secure.

and the g.t.o pontiac thats just come out in US,this is the 4 door version its a 2000 model gen 3;)

Must have hit something pretty hard to cave in the fuel tank like that. Those Ford skid plates are usually fairly tough my 89 F-450 has a plastic tank (diesel) my 88 had a plastic tank (gas). The plastic tanks are nice because here on the West Coast of Canada one word comes to mind which is rust.

I knoticed you are running XPS Tractions what do you think of them ?

I'am looking for a better traction tire something that will cut through mud,grass and loose dirt. Being the older 450 trucks being two wheeldrive need all the traction help they can get. I may have to install a limited slip or a locker.

Ohya the XPS Tractions in the LT235/85R16 size are $250.00 Canadian each so to install 4 new drive tires is 1000 dollars before installation charges etc.

Interesting you noticed the tires.
Those tire are by far the best i've run in a long time. I dont do it but yu can recap them.
Very good casing design
Frans

I could tell what tires you have by the tread pattern call it funny but I researched alot about tires :D

I looked a little closer and I could see XPS on the sidewall. As for retreading tires they can be done but you send them in for retreading you never get the same casings back.

I get 2 years out of a set of Bandag retreads used for drive tires I won't use them for steer tires plus the fact its illegal here to use them in a steer axle position.

Back