My chip truck fuel tank got dented!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glens

glens

Former Member
I had one like that on my one ton.  It only held a little over 20 gallons instead of 22.  If it doesn't leak, why change it if you can abide the smaller capacity?

Glen

Nickrosis

Nickrosis

Manned by Boderators
:laugh: Glen, you crack me up. For some reason, I can imagine you having a thorough knowledge of the fuel capacities of your vehicles. :D

But if it isn't leaking, seems ok to leave alone. BTW, we had a gas tank fall off a truck this summer, so make sure it's attachment is still secure.

Pacific

Pacific

ArboristSite Operative
Must have hit something pretty hard to cave in the fuel tank like that. Those Ford skid plates are usually fairly tough my 89 F-450 has a plastic tank (diesel) my 88 had a plastic tank (gas). The plastic tanks are nice because here on the West Coast of Canada one word comes to mind which is rust.

I knoticed you are running XPS Tractions what do you think of them ?

I'am looking for a better traction tire something that will cut through mud,grass and loose dirt. Being the older 450 trucks being two wheeldrive need all the traction help they can get. I may have to install a limited slip or a locker.

Ohya the XPS Tractions in the LT235/85R16 size are $250.00 Canadian each so to install 4 new drive tires is 1000 dollars before installation charges etc.

Frans

Frans

ArboristSite Operative
Interesting you noticed the tires.
Those tire are by far the best i've run in a long time. I dont do it but yu can recap them.
Very good casing design
Frans

Pacific

Pacific

ArboristSite Operative
I could tell what tires you have by the tread pattern call it funny but I researched alot about tires :D

I looked a little closer and I could see XPS on the sidewall. As for retreading tires they can be done but you send them in for retreading you never get the same casings back.

I get 2 years out of a set of Bandag retreads used for drive tires I won't use them for steer tires plus the fact its illegal here to use them in a steer axle position.

Latest posts