My collection. Video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe we can get you a guest spot on Axe Men?

I think i will stay away from Axe men I'm not a drama kinda guy.
Besides i don't even watch the show.

im planning a vacation to go see lee's collection.think a week will do or should i plan on 2 just to be safe and see it all?

One week is plenty the collection isn't quite that large yet. Give me another year.:msp_biggrin:

Some collections impress with volume.
Some collections impress with quality.
To do both is something special. Nice job!

Awsome, Thanks a bunch.

Lee

Thanks again guys.

Any of the 101 powered Macs will make anyone grin from
ear to ear. As far as a stock saw. I have always been impressed
with the SD166, Mac 797 and the Homelite 2100 for the grunt
they put out.

Lee

Nice work Lee.

Get the fit outta that one... I get sweaty palms thinking about how it goes. Kinda scares me. Rush for sure.

WOW Lee!

I've wondered for a while now what your collection must look like, and the video shows even more than I anticipated! I'm going with what taplinhill said, I'm impressed with both the quantity and the quality of the absolutely gorgeous saws that exist in your collection.

Thanks for posting the video, I've had to watch it three times already just to try to see them all!

VERY, VERY nice! :clap:

Brian

I'm speachless on the collection.

One thing has me stumped though with all the work you have done in your collection (which is a huge time involvement you have on your hands) you still have what appears to be paper faced insulation exposed. I find this worrisome in a working garage, just saying.

I fretted over this for some time in my own garage and finsihed it out last fall.

Just an incredieble collection. I have no doubt you must have like others mentioned one of the biggest working group of big cube saws known to man:rock:

how many years did it take to collect all those ,very nice collection ,looks like nothing under 90cc there

That's insane. Did you ever calculate how many cubes they all add up to?

BTW, totally jealous!

Thanks, I have never even tried to calculate the total cubes.
Might scare me.

All hail mighty Lee!

That's a helluva collection there.

Thanks

I'm speachless on the collection.

One thing has me stumped though with all the work you have done in your collection (which is a huge time involvement you have on your hands) you still have what appears to be paper faced insulation exposed. I find this worrisome in a working garage, just saying.

I fretted over this for some time in my own garage and finsihed it out last fall.

Just an incredieble collection. I have no doubt you must have like others mentioned one of the biggest working group of big cube saws known to man:rock:

Thanks, I have been wanting to finish the shop and get
it all sheet rocked but it would put me kinda out of biz.
And i would have to emply everything out of there.
Soon i hope. I'm very careful with sparks and flames.

Thats awesome!

Im guessin your either single or have a really good job.

Thanks, I'm self emplyed and support my self ok.

There is obviously a fine line between collecting and hoarding:D.

Great job

I Have thought the same, But these saw manufacturers made tons of
these models and there's plenty out there for those who want them.
Just have to look.

how many years did it take to collect all those ,very nice collection ,looks like nothing under 90cc there

It's about a ten year collection. Most saws are 100cc's and over.
there are a few smaller unique saws and my fire wood saws are
also 68cc saws.

Thanks again Lee

Thanks, I have never even tried to calculate the total cubes.
Might scare me.

Thanks

Thanks, I have been wanting to finish the shop and get
it all sheet rocked but it would put me kinda out of biz.
And i would have to emply everything out of there.
Soon i hope. I'm very careful with sparks and flames.

Thanks, I'm self emplyed and support my self ok.

I Have thought the same, But these saw manufacturers made tons of
these models and there's plenty out there for those who want them.
Just have to look.

It's about a ten year collection. Most saws are 100cc's and over.
there are a few smaller unique saws and my fire wood saws are
also 68cc saws.

Thanks again Lee

....ya know, every boy needs a gokart as well as hundreds of saws....I bet you could scare up an engine...

Besides that you rock! I have a (mostly) pile of home owner saws now, with a handful of nice ones. (technically nothing over 100 ccs yet though, but sneaking up on it) You are right, thousands out there, just have to look. In retrospect now I do wish I had stashed a few larger ones away back in the 90s when I had the income and big saws were more available on the used market all over. But...better late than never!

There is obviously a fine line between collecting and hoarding:D.
Great job
the ability to walk around and the organization of the saws says collection to me... hording is just when you'll take in any old saw and let them all pile up to the point of mass hysteria when guests come over...

You have a super super nice collection Lee. You say these saws are all out there to be found so casually, but out here in Iowa anything over 80cc's is pretty rare... Old Mall 2 mans sure but couldn't find a 166 or 655 to save ur life!

Last edited:
very sweet collection lee, i'm happy with just a few big saws and other very good runners under 100cc, thanks for making all that have cad even worse!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Back