My day with Daisy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knobby57

Peeing outdoors
Reaction score

This is my favorite tool or toy depending how you feel about it . It's a cat 951c from 1972 so she is a angry old ***** . I spent my day in the rain and mud do some maintenance. 5 gallon pail of rotella 69$, 6 5 gallon pails of TO-4 trans/ hydraulic oil 118$ each. Oil ,air , trans, steering ,and hydraulic filters from cat 168$ . And mud up to me and my brothers armpits . In the morning it's getting all new gauges installed and the bucket pulled off for a few hours of welding . She is no chainsaw but she can put wood in the ground really fast and she has no trouble tromping through the snow , on a 10deg morning she will fire up and and shake and fuss till warm but always starts without trouble ( unless the fuel filter is frozen solid, easy fix) so today for the fluids we had to pull the old girls bra off(good and sides ) and we still have her panties pulled down ( skid plates) was thinking of adding a chainsaw holder or two on the ROPS . You fellows always have the greatest redneck inventions for DIU stuff. Any ideas how to add a good solid chainsaw holder to hold ms200 up to a 441? I have a plasma cutter and mig welder and torches . Got to keep my babies safe . I'm not thrilled about throwing them in the bucket and having them bounce all over

It seems I'm always in a rush to get things done . I'm going to try and make it a point to stop and smell the roses more often and snap some photos . My brother purchased 150+ acres that's is all oak beach and ash trees with maybe 3 or 4 hemlocks . So we have been going crazy clearing land. Lots and lots of firewood !! We have been using Daisy to push over trees , then we cut off the stump and push them to the side . Daisy can push over a 24" oak with almost no effort . As far as in concerned it's the closest work can come to bring fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That does look fun, except the maintenance part! Here's my favorite tool... Case 590 Super Limage.jpg

That does look fun, except the maintenance part! Here's my favorite tool... Case 590 Super LView attachment 341941
That's a strong machine we had a super e . Sold it after picking up a cat. I love the extendable hoe options. The cat will out power the case with ease . The case would sit for 3 months and fire up when 0deg outside without a wimper . The cat needs some starting fluid below freezing and is sluggish till warmed up . I picked up a lower hour cat 236 skid steer last year and have a few buckets and a 60" root grapple. It's amazing what that little machine can lift and push . It usually has the grapple on it for moving trees and rocks and does it well. Now it I can figure out how to get my dad out of it so I can play with it life would be great :). My brother sais that's a good thing because he would be scary on Daisy or in the full size backhoe . Everyone's lives would be at risk. The old mad got himself a 21 horse kabota with a backhoe on it and started this collecting of machinery . My mom and I watched him spend 4 hours digging a ditch with the kabota. Should have taken 30 minutes . She is convinced she married a retard . I told her I hope he's not my real father . It was painful to watch him work the hoe, it would never go the way he wanted

Yeah Super L is not the same as an E...

Mine has a 4bt Cummins. I think it's 95 HP and weighs 18000 lbs. It always starts (as long as the battery is fully charged!). It's a 4x4, ext. hoe, with a 4/1 front bucket.
I've run a little 36 hp Kubota, and it's a little frustrating after running the real thing! Kinda like comparing an 026 to an 066. image.jpg

She is a old girl bit built to last .my brother made that purchase . 10k delivered . We are trying to catch up on the maintenance and purdy the old lady up a bit . We are going to pound out some Denys and some paint. I believe it's about 90 horse but will out dig the backhoe 100 to one with the front bucket . It's a lot of fun to run but I'll tell ya you don't feel like you where in a spa all day after running it a few hours. She beats you up . The handles in front of the controls are there for a reason . You usually have a death grip on at least one . You throw it in drive and steer with the pedals . So if you fall out it will go till it hits a large body of water or runs out of fuel

Latest posts

Back